1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Evaluating Myself... Help?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by erisv, Jun 24, 2014.

1. erisv

erisv Guest

After posting my first post in the welcome lounge I find myself feeling very welcomed :slight_smile:.
    My gender, and its expression, are the whole reason I'm here. So I guess I'm looking for guidance of some kind. As I meantioned in my last post my partner is incredibly supportive with all of this, fortunately.

Some background: I'm male, and have a very masculine body. This said I don't always feel like a man. I've been like this all of my life. As a child I thuroughly enjoyed playing with traditionally male toys, I also had a strong desire to also play with female toys (this was never indulged). I secretly did some exploring in early adolescence, of both my gender and sexuality, both done alone. While I was caught a few times, it went unspoken. Up till recently I'd stopped even considering exploring gender (with the attitude that I'm a man and I guess I have to live with it), and I explored sexuality in private, which caused quite a lot of shame.

I initially thought I might be transgender, but I'm very happy as a masculine male at times, and while if I'm honest I don't identify as strictly a man or woman. After doing a lot of research I'm thinking I might be gender fluid, as some days I lean toward feeling masculine, other days feminine (these can be feelings of 100% either way), and then there are some days that I don't feel like anything. My styles tend to change accordingly (though all my cloths are male).

I'd love to hear ways in which others explored/discovered their gender, as I don't even know where to begin.