1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Demigender?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by LiskasaurusRex, Jun 24, 2014.

1. LiskasaurusRex

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'd really like to talk to someone who identifies as demigender. I really think that's what I am but I can't find a whole lot about it.

2. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not personally demigender (maybe a bit demimale, my maleness is a little grey for me) but from how it's been explained to me in the past, it's only feeling a bit like ______gender, regardless of birth sex. It seems to be more polar than other grey-area gender identities (I think of it as being sort of a subset to genderqueer, but that's my personal definition derived through observation) - I've only ever heard of demigirls and demiguys, and most that I know don't fluctuate, but tend to steadilly feel like they're between one end of the spectrum (male or female), and the "middle", which they usually describe as being either agender or bigender/androgynous. From what I've gathered, you can be biologically male, female, or intersex, cis or trans, and identify as either a demigirl or a demiguy.

I hope that helped. I also hope any demi-gender individuals might be able to clear up some things I might have missed or gotten wrong. :slight_smile:

3. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

I don't have it super concrete yet, but I think the closest label I fit would be demiguy, possibly androgyne. I'm biologically male, and part of my identity is rooted in being a male, yet at the same time I don't want to be a man. I hate being called a he. I consider myself quite feminine, and despite having short hair, most people I run in to assume I'm a woman. But I don't really want to be a woman either. In dress I like to wear mostly slightly masculine clothes with colorful or female accessories. I'm going to start wearing bow ties too. If I could give up my penis for a vagina without expensive surgery, I probably would, but considering how the real world surgeries work, I'm perfectly happy having a penis, and would rather keep it. And I hate having male body and facial hair. I've never been in to "Guy stuff" I don't like sports or beer or any of that stuff, and it all seems very boring. Most of my hobbies are gender neutral or feminine in association. I suppose to sum it up, I'm a mix of masculine and feminine, and although I am very feminine, a decent enough chunk of me still feels male, so that's why I would consider myself to be a demiguy. Honestly being a specific binary gender places so many restrictions that I just don't care to have, and that's why I'm not just a cis guy or a trans woman.

Honestly I don't expect anyone to understand my identity, so I don't insist people call me a gender neutral pronoun or anything. Every now and then someone will say "are you a boy or a girl?" and I'm always tempted to respond "no", but usually I say "I guess I'm a guy, but I don't conform". I feel like I don't need to explain myself completely to everyone, because most of them would just say "What?"

#3 Wuggums47, Jun 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2014
  4. tone

I identified as a demiboy/demiguy for a little bit (I still think it fits me pretty well, but being a trans guy is a better fit). From my perspective it just means having some but very little association with either male or female. I realized that the reason I don't relate to it so much anymore is because I'm just a femme guy not between being a guy and another gender like agender.

Here is a definition I found from a tumblr site about demigenders:
    Hope that helps