1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

have I convinced myself I'm trans?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by jaska, Jun 24, 2014.

1. jaska

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok, so I've accepted my transliness but i keep doubting myself, and it's so fustrating. I feels like everything's in my head and nothing feels real. Have you guys got any ideas on how to make it seem more real? I mean, I don't want to come out, but I'm worried it's all in my head and I'm just imagining im trans and i really need a way to make it more real. I don't want to come out at yet, and I'm currently seeing my school couselor about it, but she's knows basically nothing about gender identity. help!

2. Nick07

A human brain is a powerful organ. People with OCD could tell you how much. Transitioning is a long process (months to years). And it is slow. If any step on that journey won't feel right, you will know and you can change your mind about what you want and need.

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi, and welcome.

I strongly, strongly suggest you find a therapist familiar with gender issues. This is the sort of thing that talking to a professional and really spending time exploring your feelings is a wise idea. You're making a big and mostly irreversible decision here if you choose to transition, so it's imperative you spend the time to find your true self before setting out on a path that may or may not be right for you.

4. jaska

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yeah i really want to see a therapist, but until I come out to someone I can't :frowning2:
    I want to try passing in public, too Is that too risky? I live in quite a close knit town people might recognise me

5. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I thought about and gradually allowed myself to accept the fact.

6. Nick07

I know this is not fair but it depends on if you were born a girl or a boy. If you were born a girl and you start wearing boy's clothes, you will probably experience no problems. It could be tricky the other way round though.

7. Acm

Acm Guest

Yeah if you're biologically female it shouldn't be too much of a problem. It's more socially acceptable for girls to wear men's clothes than it is the other way around so even if a few people find it weird, you probably won't be harassed or anything like that. Trying to dress more masculine too might help you understand your feelings, see how it makes you feel.

8. birdking

It's always weird at first. As you figure more stuff out, things will get better and you'll gradually stop doubting yourself. You'll be fine, brains have a hard time coping with big changes and what you're experiencing is normal.