1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Genderqueer? Non-binary?? Maybe?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Katbot, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Katbot

Hey, so I'm coming here because my gender has been bugging me non-stop for the past few weeks. I suppose i just need to say this to someone..!

As a kid I was always tom-boyish, and I wasnt really that girly. Then when I was about 12 I totally rejected skirts and dresses and basically had nothing to do with girly things at all, my mother would hold up a pink t-shirt and i'd mimic vomiting, I insisted on being super boyish. Recently (as in the last year) I've been embracing and loving dresses and florals and skirts and pretty things, but I cant really shake the feeling that I'm not exactly comfortable with "girl". :dry: I dont mind when people refer to me as "her", but I'd feel the same way if they called me "him". I'd be surprised, since I present super feminine most of the time, but I'd be cool with it. I'm thinking of wearing a suit to the debs (like an irish prom), which my parents are okay-ish with, but i'm worried that will mess with my idea of who I am even more.

I guess I'm kind of paranoid that I'll go through this whole process of figuring out whats what and still have no clue as to what my gender is or isn't, or that I'll convince myself of one thing, and not actually be it. I feel like I'm 87% girl or something? I dont really know, I guess I'd just like someone with a bit of experience with gender stuff to tell me to calm down :lol:

(sorry this is so long..)

2. Acm

Acm Guest

You might be nonbinary or you might be a girl that doesn't conform to gender roles. Remember that clothing doesn't necessarily affect your gender at all, some people are just gender nonconforming.

3. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

^