1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How long does hair take to grow?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Yosia, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Yosia

I really want naturally long hair so i was wondering how long it take to grow? ^^

2. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

It depends from your hair.

3. ProtegeMoi

6 inches a year give or take. There are other variables of course that you can and can't control

4. Jay47

Jay47 Guest

I agree, six inches per year. Mine grows really fast, so I have to trim it every week to keep from tickling the back of my neck. It also depends on what vitamins you're taking.

5. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    my understanding is that on average hair grows much like fingernails at about a quarter of an inch per month so that works out to about 3 inches per year. others say more, some might say less but lets not split hairs over the issue:roflmao: and like was said, it can vary person to person and over time.

6. KayJay

I have a sort of picture diary spanning a over quite a few months, in my before & after thread, if you would like a visual. It grew from normal male type length to should length in a yearish.

7. Yannick

Out Status:
    A few people
    For a guy I know a lot about growing hair. :lol: Just skip all this if you know this already or just don't think any of this makes sense. I know you didn't really ask for this but... Here is some advice about growing hair anyway. :slight_smile:

It's a long process. I have grown mine something like 4 times from really short to mid back. Be patient and be happy about every new inch and cm you get. :slight_smile: Massaging scalp can help and eating healthy. Don't cut it too often. Cut it only if your ends get raggedy and even then don't cut more than you have to. Be gentle with it. Search for gentle ways to dye and style it if you want to do those. It gets longer faster if you don't have to cut it too often. Don't heat style or blow dry it if it's not necessary. Use a lot of conditioner and let it soak in properly. If your hair feels brittle and dry it might be just build up so try to use clarifying shampoo before cutting it especially if you use products with silicone. :slight_smile:

Different natural oils are great for hair. They can be used as a light leave-in or you can use it as a pre-wash treatment. It takes some practise to use a right amount and not every oil is for everyone. They work different ways. Some soak in the hair and some just coat it and protect it. Coconut oil, olive oil, avocado oil and jojoba oil are great but there is much more.

Comb or brush it very gently and don't start from the roots! Avoid bristles with seams. If you hear hair snapping you are too rough. Wide tooth wooden combs are great and some like Tangle Teezer a lot. You can also use sand paper on combs if thet have seams. For me changing the way I used to comb my hair made a big difference!

8. wanderinggirl

I find that hair grows way too fast when it's in a "good hair" stage and way too slow in a "bad hair" stage. When it's in a "bad hair" stage, just keep it clean and styled, maybe with some bangs, and that should get you through. Also make sure to use a heat protectant to prevent split ends, and I recommend shampooing once or twice a week and using baking soda and vinegar to keep hair from getting greasy between shampoos. Use a dry shampoo if you tend to get very greasy, especially on bangs. Split ends will necessitate more frequent trims; so these tips will keep your ends healthy.

Also important: get different hair accessories that you can wear to school, formal occasions, and every day activities, such as headbands and even cute hats. Bobby pins help when hair is slightly too short for a pony tail and you need to keep those little hairs in check.

Beanies and bandanas and headbands have saved me from my jewfro many times. Thank you, Beanies Bandanas and Headbands!

9. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It depends. I can't really talk since my hair grows like a damn weed.