1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fitness for the Genderqueer Transwoman: Conflicts

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Balloonwolf, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Balloonwolf

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    With summer coming up, I've been pressing myself to get healthy and fit again. It's tough to enjoy southern California's heat and sunny beaches looking like an unfit twig. But there in lies my problem.

I identify as genderfluid, leaning more towards being a lady dork. My family is pretty conservative, so I have to sneak things like hairbands, flowers, feminine attire and other things out when I visit friends. Even worse, my family is still trying to work with me being bisexual after four years.

This makes it easy for me to get healthy, to be the son my parent's dream of, yet I feel torn between looking nice for my appearance and keeping a feminine shape, which for me means not putting on any muscle.

[​IMG]

That's me with a shirt on, taken today. I feel like a freak being on both sides of the spectrum.

Do you folks have any recommendations on what I can do to feel a bit more fem and pretty? Hormones and anything extraneous are out as long as I live at home for college :tears:

2. ProtegeMoi

Cardio, yoga, Pilates, repeat? That's what I do and recommend. Screw weights unless they are light and you just want to tone your arms.

Eat healthy and take care of your skin. I use nail strengthener on my nails so they are shiny and i get to paint them without too much attention. I've had a few people notice, but whoopdee doo. I like pretty nails. What about your haircut? Can you grow it a bit longer or style it in a way that is more feminine without being a woman's cut so that you don't have to worry about your family?

If nothing else shopping always helps me feel better :slight_smile: