1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

forgetting about having certain body parts.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by TheFSM, Jun 30, 2014.

1. TheFSM

Out Status:
    A few people
    So this morning everything was fine till i ran down the stairs and I realized again that indeed my chest isn't really flat... -_- Before that the whole morning in my mental picture of myself I had a flat chest. (I don't know how else to explain this, I just kind of ignored my chest I guess?)

Does this ever happen to you? Is this normal? How do you deal with it when suddenly you realize that that thing you don't like about yourself is (still) there?

2. Acm

Acm Guest

That happens to me all the time. In my head I'm a cis guy so I always forget about my chest and then suddenly something will bump into it and I remember. Also I bump things with my hips a lot because I don't feel like they're supposed to be so wide

3. Yosia

Yup! I am a cis girl in my head, so when i go to the toilet or something and i undo my bottoms i am like 'whats this?'

4. TheFSM

Out Status:
    A few people
    Ok, thank you for sharing your experience with me. It just felt so wierd... It probably happend before but I can't really remember....

5. Hexagon

Yeah, it sucks when you remember.

6. Jay47

Jay47 Guest

Reverse ghost-limb syndrome :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I completely know what you mean, though. Especially after a dream and waking up feeling 'normal'...... Then stupid reality sets in.

7. Hexagon

What, like a dream in which the appropriate genitals were being used? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. Jay47

Jay47 Guest

I usually have dreams of daily life, so I'll be cleaning the house without a shirt on, or going swimming... Etc.
    most of the time :wink:

9. Hexagon

Yeah, me too actually. Just random stories that would more or less fit into real life, just weirder. I've never really looked at myself in a dream. I don't think I have a self image there.

10. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I know what you mean. I tend to try pushing the existence of my female anatomy to the back of my mind, to the point where I can try to forget about it. It usually seems to work until I have to get ready. Then, it all starts to reoccur to me. -_-

---------- Post added 1st Jul 2014 at 07:35 AM ----------

I do this a lot when I'm dreaming. Except, most of the time, I have completely transitioned in the dreams. Of course, when I wake up the fantasy ends. :bang:

11. birdking

haha this is actually pretty funny but sometimes I forget that I don't have certain body parts. below the belt, if you get my drift. I don't really experience bottom dysphoria though, that's really the only indicator lol

I never really forget about my boob situation except when I'm simultaneously binding and distracted

12. Cynder

For me this happens a lot. I have a really small chest and if I'm not wearing a right shirt it isn't that noticeable and I completely forget about it. Then I take off my shirt and see them, and I'm like that wasn't there all day, and I get really kinda depressed about it because it seemed like I had a normal male chest

13. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    im a cis male, but i like to cross dress and a while ago i was dressed for the evening, blouse, skirt, heels, etc. so after a couple of hours i went to be bathroom and when i sat down i remembered that i had male parts. :lol: i actually forgot while i was doing house work etc.

14. TheFSM

Out Status:
    A few people
    The thing my chest isn't even small I just woke up. I didn't even look in the mirror and I wasn't wearing a bra. I guess that is why it was easier to forget for me...