1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good news, everyone!

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Daydreamer1, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I spent the last few weeks looking into old numbers of therapists in the area (I say weeks because I sleep in and by the time I wake up, it's almost sunset).

The first place I reached out to again was the first place I heard about when I was sixteen. I asked if they took my insurance and they got back to me later saying something weird. However, I called about a week ago asking if they had a sliding scale and I could pay. I got a yes and some numbers. About $160 the first session and $100 the rest. Not too shabby.

Then, I reached out to the therapist I mentioned before who said something about my insurance being fussy. I spent all morning calling, but didn't get a response. Annoyed, and pretty defeated (and sick as a dog) I gave the phone to my fiance who called...and the lucky guy got a response. After the call, he said we're going to that office. Why? First, he said they're still trying to process my insurance and figure out what's going on. They have a sliding scale and I can pay. How much? If I go for night sessions, I'm looking at about $60...in the morning, maybe $25-$40. I'm hoping to get in touch with the person who recommended me to this place to see how long it took her to get her letters signed so I know what to expect (which will be a miracle since I haven't heard from her in months).

So it looks like I'll be on the therapy road soon. I just need to check my schedule and book a date. All I have to do is sign some sliding scale paper and I'm good. (!)

2. BelleFromHell

I'm happy for you! Good luck! (!)

3. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    good going, hope it all works out for you.

4. stormborn

that's awesome! and so cheap, too! good luck!

5. KyleCats

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Very happy for you! And I totally read the title of this thread in Farnsworth's voice :lol:

6. Oddish

Oddish Guest

Awesome! Good luck with everything.

7. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I filled my mom in and instead of being as excited or thrilled as my fiance is about the situation, she went on about how I'm going to pay for it (which I already have covered) and $60 is still expensive and it's just a visit.

So much for trying to find someone to be thrilled about me getting somewhere. (eye roll)