1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

little help peoples!

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Complex, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Complex

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    im a guy on the inside.i guess im trans then. i have my moments where i act like a girl (....like when i talk to much) anyway i came out to my mum and she totally rejected the idea. her whole argument was that im not athletic and a whole load of shit like that anyway came out to my dad when i went to his for the weekend anyway he accepted me he said already noticed anyway. yet my mum refuses the fact that im a guy on the inside. i only started working out all this shit when i realized im completely diffrent to girls and never really thought of myself as one.when i was little i was forced into dresses and stuff even though i hated them and told how to do everything because i wasnt doing it right. i even used to say i was a guy when i was little. but i got in trouble for it and i forgot after awhile intill now so yeah it's awkward because im 16 in a way i wish it happend when im 18 but meh cant be helped btw i've been wearing dudes clothes for 2 years now.
    so what should i do guys?

and holy shit i really do talk alot!!
    (this is my 1st post here sorry admins if im not alowed to sware)

2. birdking

Hi there!

Let me just start off by saying that talking a lot doesn't mean you're a girl. Being athletic doesn't mean you're a boy. These are gender roles, and they don't always indicate your actual gender! They're ideas that society has about gender, but they don't always work for everyone.

For example, I am a boy, and I like to sew. Sewing is seen as a "girl thing" in society when really, anyone can enjoy it! I have female friends who play football and male friends who like to go shopping. And that's totally normal.

So just because you're "not athletic" doesn't mean you're not transgender! If you really feel like a boy then that's what matters. I'd try talking to your mom; she might just be scared that you won't be happy as an adult.

3. Acm

Acm Guest

First of all I'm sorry your mom didn't take you seriously. Also, like birdking said, gender roles don't mean anything about your gender. I'm not athletic either. I also like shopping, which is a typically girly thing to do, but I'm still a guy :slight_smile:

4. Complex

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for the reply both of you :slight_smile: i wish i could talk to her but she wont listen to me *sigh* it's really annoying but she wants me to be this perfect image that she's got in her head -_-; but she will have to accept it one day eventually i hope :slight_smile:

5. Acm

Acm Guest

I hope she comes around too. Maybe your dad could talk to her about it?

6. Complex

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    nahh my mum and dad dont talk at all. mum will have to come around and accept me eventually. i just wish she would hurry up as i live with her and not my dad it kinda makes things a bit awkward for me.