1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Binders??

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Kirk1701, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Kirk1701

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hoping someone could help me out!

I'm in the process of trying to stealthily buy my first binder. My problem is I have limited funds and I have to be careful of packaging and delivery.

I've found a few options and I was hoping someone would suggest the one they thought was best?
    Thanks in advance!

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/191...to=GB&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/191093408/chest-binder-zip-style-lesbian-trans-ftm?ref=related-0
    (I think this one is the most likely one?)

Sleeveless Corset Transgender Skirt Chest Binder Beer Belly Binder (S: 60-100cm Chest): Amazon.co.uk: Health & Personal Care

2. To be honest, I wouldn't buy the one with a front zipper for a couple of reasons:
    -the zipper could show through the shirt you're wearing
    -if the binder is as tight as they usually need to be, the zipper could be pulled apart and malfunction forever afterward. this happens on my backpacks when I overfill them, I imagine it could happen on something as tight as a binder.

The other two look fine to me, so either would probably be okay. Clasp ones are more subtle than zip ones and are easier to put on in some ways than pull over ones, which are more likely to roll up, however, i think pull over ones like the last one are actually somewhat more effective, depending on your size.

But really, there are pluses and minuses to any and all binders, so whatever one you get you'll figure out how to work with it :slight_smile:

3. Hexagon

I've had ones similar to the first two, and they both worked.

4. birdking

The top two will probably work but I really recommend getting the third one; with some sort of elastic, you don't have as much danger of bruising/damaging any ribs.

5. earthlvr510

I agree about the zipper, the last one looks to best to me. The first two look a bit thin so im not sure how affective they would be. Just one thing to keep in mind the full torso ones get HOT.