1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What type of genderqueer am I?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Wuggums47, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

I've been through a lot of ideas of what gender I was, most of them attempting to find a way not to call myself genderqueer. Maybe it's a bit of a cop out, but I just felt like it would be too hard to live as an identity that most people have never even heard of, let alone have learned to respect. So I thought maybe I was an effeminate male, or non conforming man. But then I realized I just can't comfortably call myself a man. Then I thought maybe I just don't care and wasn't in to labels and all that stuff. But honestly I do care. I care because I have dysphoria from a few things about my body. I hate it when people call me a man. I don't feel as uncomfortable being called a woman, which happens quite often, but I wouldn't want to actually transition and become a woman. Being a woman would be trading one set of limiting criteria for another.

I feel I have somewhat of a mix of masculine and feminine energies, with femininity being more prevalent. People pick up on this, and even when I'm dressed as butch as possible, wearing a fedora and what not, people still often think I'm a woman. I do identify just a little bit with being a male, which could classify me as a demiguy. But I also am a bio male who identifies a good amount as female, which could make me a demigirl. How do I know which I am? Often times I feel like there is masculinity and femininity in me, and I lie somewhere in the middle between the two. I think this would make me an androgyne but I'm not sure. My preferred pronouns are they/them/their, I want to get hair removal to make myself less masculine, and if I could, I would trade in my penis for a vagina, but I don't want it bad enough to do so, and I don't really have dysphoria about it. Mostly I would want one for penetrative sex and pregnancy. A lot of times I think it would have been better to have been born as a bio female genderqueer, but if I had breasts, I think I'd go crazy till I had them removed.

I know there are a lot of types of genderqueer out there, what type do you think I am? Currently I go back and forth between demiguy, demigirl, and androgyne, but lately I've been favoring androgyne. I suppose it doesn't matter a whole lot, but I'd like to have an exact name for it.

2. Acm

Acm Guest

Androgyne maybe?

3. PaganPoetry

I dont think I can really help on this, but I can relate to some of the stuff you were talking about because I also feel uncomfortable labeling myself as male because I dont feel Im masculine at all, I wouldnt feel comfortable calling myself a woman either though so I'm guessing I'm somewhere in between so I consider myself mentally androgynous, but I would love to look more physically androgynous though.....I don't really tell people that because I really don't think they will understand me so I just let people call me by any male pronouns...I did set my facebook settings to refer to me by gender neutral ones, and I have androgyne in my gender section thing on fb (but it's set to only me).....I mean it' not something that personally bothers me too much, but theres always a part of me that feels uneasy being called male......I honestly came back to this site to try to find more about myself now........idk the only person that sorta gets where I'm going at is my mom and my sisters who can kinda understand that I don't really enjoy wearing or doing masculine things that much(what society deems to be for men)...whatever that means....

4. ErenJaeger

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Genderfluid, perhapsss, if you're comfortable switching between those genders and other genders?

5. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

May I dare to say a different thing?

You seem a trans woman who doesn't dislike her "male side", but she's a woman, so for this she doesn't like to be called "man", "bro" and similar stuff.

She like her "male side" because she would like a vagina but it isn't so much important, so having a penis isn't terrible.

What do you think?

6. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

I'm not sure, but maybe. I don't feel like I associate enough with being a woman to be one, but I suppose it's a lot closer to what I am than being a man.

7. Acm

Acm Guest

Transfeminine androgyne maybe?

8. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think it's the physical traits that are important when it comes to gender. (I.e. "What physical traits should I have?")
    You seem like an androgynous person. I would go with that.

9. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

Yeah, I think I've more or less decided that I'm probably an androgyne. I'll still probably go by just genderqueer though, no need to complicate it further.