1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is my with my gender identity issue?? I don't get it!!

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Gentlady, Jul 5, 2014.

1. Gentlady

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Waaat, i don't get this: I feel perfectly happy being a girl(i do have curiosity of what would it be like to be a guy, but no further than curiosity). I want a girlfriend. I also want to be in a straight relationship. I mean, seeing as I don't want to be a guy, but do wanna be with a girl in a straight relationship?

2. anonym

anonym Guest

So what is it about this idea of a 'straight' relationship that appeals to you rather than a lesbian relationship?

3. Gentlady

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The "simplicity". Of course it's not any easier than any other relationship, but we wouldn't have to explain that we are actually a girl couple, and that we wouldn't have to worry about negative reactions...

4. anonym

anonym Guest

In which case, I wouldn't say this sounds like a gender identity issue at all. Correct me if I'm wrong but you're saying you're happy as a female but not happy with being in a lesbian relationship in a society that is predominantly heterosexual?

5. Gentlady

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not happy with being in a lesbian relationship, no matter what the world was like. I don't think I could be any happier with a man, though. I feel that I need to be a man to feel good in a relationship, but I don't want to be a man.

6. Acm

Acm Guest

Maybe you just want to be the dominant partner in the relationship?

7. Groosenator

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sounds like you've got a case of internalized heteronormativity. It's not your fault, it's the culture we live in that enforces this notion of heterosexual relationships being the norm. A lot of people internalize it without realizing it.

I think if other aspects of being male begin to feel right in the future, perhaps then consider the possibility of being transgender, but I think at this point it would be a mistake to identify as a transgender male. You might consider looking deeper at yourself and figure out why it is that a straight relationship appeals to you so much. Also take into consideration what it would be like to live as male for the rest of your life in order to pursue a straight relationship with a woman. Take the time you need to figure out your feelings.

8. anonym

anonym Guest

I agree ^

9. DhammaGamer

You sound like a lesbian in denial. Embrace yourself, and just do YOU.

10. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

This. It sounds to me like this is not a gender issue, just a rejection of yourself. I think you wanting to be in a straight relationship is less about wanting to be a guy, and more about wanting to be normal. It could also be signifying that you would be more comfortable as a stone butch, but I'm not entirely sure about that.