1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sitting in a stupor

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Dell, Jul 6, 2014.

1. Dell

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I took a bit of a break from EC after coming out to my mother :/ I have just been thinking a lot and dealing with dysphoria like usual, I just wanted to update on here. I gave my mother false hope that I was just confused about my gender for her sake. She is in complete denial about the whole thing and we agreed to not talk about it until its "all sorted out", insinuating that I wont be trans any more after i talk to a therapist, bleh. I know who I am, but I have to act like I don't so she doesn't have a break down... I just hope she will come to understand when I turn 18 and start HRT regardless, because that's what I want.
    Sorry for b*tching, just wanted to write something down.

2. KayJay

Sometimes writing (or typing) in this case helps you feel better, especially if you write or type your thoughts and feelings.

It sounds like you are in a tough spot. On the bright side, if you see a therapist and he or she is on your side, it may make your mom feel a little bit better about things? If she assumes you will "sort it out" with a therapist and then the therapist says you are trans, it may help your mom understand how serious things - and you - are.

(*hug*) Stay strong! You can get through it :slight_smile:

3. stormborn

perhaps the therapist can help explain things to your mom :slight_smile:

4. Dell

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, I agree with that. First off though, she wants me to talk to this preacher dude over coffee who I have no idea how he feels about these kind of things. But hey free coffee hehe :3 Everything works out in the end so I have some hope ^_^ thanks guys

5. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Free coffee, haha.

Well, everyone already said what I wanted to say, so I'll just bid you good luck and give you a virtual hug.

I hope everything will be alright. (*hug*)