1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm having trouble figuring stuff out

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Mad Rat Bird, Jul 6, 2014.

1. Mad Rat Bird

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey guys.

Super new here, just joined because I saw how awesome this community is and I'm hoping I can get some support here haha.

Basically uhm...

I've always had dysphoria. I mean, I liked my hair, my skinny big feet, my skin color, things like that. But I have always disliked being a female. Not so much the style of clothes or the pretty jewelry or anything like that, but being biologically female. At the same time, while I enjoy all those things, I also feel more comfortable being able to decide whether or not I wanted to express myself as masculine or feminine.

The end result was me feeling - no, believing - that I am FTM. I accept that and I feel comfortable with that. It's nice! Yanno? Feeling like you've actually kinda figured yourself out! But before that, before I realized that that was what I was feeling, I figured I was genderfluid.

But then the dysphoria got worse until I couldn't do anything but cry if I saw myself in a mirror, or contemplate not eating much and exercising endlessly, in order to flatten my chest and butt. I'm not a big person, not very tall or heavy, only recently dipped into a healthy weight for my size after having been a little underweight.

So I talked to my significant other about it and he helped me with trying to help myself, I guess. I found what packers were and bought myself one, a few binders, things of that nature. And I'm excited to appear more like how I actually feel!

Even if I intend to wear both masculine clothing and feminine clothing.

...Which leads me to my dilemma.

I don't want to take T. I already hate my body and I really, really don't want to risk changing it for the worse (in my own opinion). I mean, it could turn out fine! I could find myself an attractive individual after all the changes. But I'm too scared to. That, and even if my voice is high, it's one thing I always got compliments on and I feel confident with it. To change it changes one of the very few things I like about myself.

I also don't want to stick with only presenting myself as masculine. I want to be able to feel like a man in a dress rather than a woman in a dress, if that makes sense. And I want to be able to flip-flop how I express myself as I wish.

I am afraid that I'm being pushed away from what I actually feel like: FTM. Yanno, simply because I don't want to take T or only express myself as masculine.

Feminine guys are beautiful, too... and that's what I wish I was.

So I identify as genderfluid-ftm. But I'm scared that I'm neither and I'm just a big ole ball of confusion...

And it worries me so much. I'm a skittish person, afraid of criticism and judgement, and I'm afraid that I'm going to be on the receiving end of a lot of hate for whatever reason.

Thanks for reading ;v;. Sorry for the long worried rant.

2. SamThes

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You can still be ftm and wear dresses, and you don't have to go on T. It's about how you feel on the inside. If you feel like a man, then you are, no matter what you wear. It okay for you to be a feminine guy, if that's who you feel like you are. In the end, though, only you can say who you are. Good luck! (*hug*)

3. birdking

T isn't for everyone! People act like it's required to be FTM, but it's really not. T might help some people, but it definitely won't help everyone and that's totally fine.

Also, what you like is a totally different thing. Liking feminine things doesn't make you less of a man

4. stormborn

lots of ftm people don't go on testosterone, and many still like to dress femininely, don't worry! :slight_smile: