1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gender Identity - Trans or not

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by mrchingbandgeek, Jul 8, 2014.

1. mrchingbandgeek

I'm really in a rut right now. For the past year I've been contemplating what I identify as and it's really starting to get to me. I'm so stressed out because of it. As of right now, I consider myself androgynous. But for the past few months I have just been feeling really out of it. I was at a girl's camp not too long ago and I just felt so out of place and when people refer to me as a girl it feels weird i guess? but if someone was to accidentally call me a boy i'm perfectly fine and I actually prefer that. But I've never thought that I was trans because I don't think of getting bottom surgery. I would love to have top (I hatee boobs) and I've considered T but I hate needles and I'm not sure if i would even like being on T. My parents are also hardcore Mormon so I could never ever tell them. I want to dress in boys clothes but the closest i can get now is t shirts and girl jeans. I don't wear makeup and thank God they allow me to cut my hair but it just doesn't feel enough! arrghh idk if I am trans or just super tomboy androgynous!:help:

2. birdking

I've never wanted bottom surgery and I'm FtM. Every person's transition is different. If you don't want T, don't take T. If you don't want bottom surgery, don't have it. Regardless of your body, if you're most comfortable being gendered as male, then there you go. Same goes for nonbinary genders.

Do what makes you comfortable.

3. SamThes

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You don't have to want bottom surgery to be trans. I'm definitely trans, and I'm not goin to have bottom surgery. As for the Mormon family... I understand. My family is also Mormon (and so am I, but I believe you can still be trans* and Mormon), and I'll probably never be able to tell them either. The best advice I can give you is that if you really feel like a boy instead of a girl, then you're probably trans*. It's about how you feel, not what parts of transition you choose to take. Best of luck figuring it out, and always feel free to message me if you need help. (*hug*)

4. PaganPoetry

I don't think you need surgery to able to identify as trans, like the people above have said.....I noticed you put androgyne in your gender box, I identify as an androgyne too, and tbh I don't like being called a man, but I'm not sure I would be completely comfortable being called a woman though I do prefer sometimes being called by things like a Queen or something....but mostly I prefer being called by gender neutral things whenever possible but I haven't really told any people that I feel like an androgyne....for me I feel like I'm somewhere in the middle......anyways another thing you could consider is genderfliud as well, but I'm not exactly sure about what genderfluid means though...

5. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Genderfluid means that you identify with different genders at different times.

For example, if I felt more like I boy for some time, then more like a girl for some other time, I could be considered genderfluid.

EDIT: I'm not genderfluid, so don't really take my word for it.

In any case, everyone has already offered great advice, so I can't say anything without repeating. :lol:

Good luck. I know how weird and squiggly it can feel to be confused about your gender identity and sexuality.