1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

first male pants advice

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by scarstar14, Jul 8, 2014.

1. scarstar14

Hey,
    I've been binding with a sports bra for a while now, and plan to get a tighter sports bra tomorrow. I also want to purchase my first pair of guy pants! :eusa_danc: I'm a size 6 women's currently and i read general rules about adding 21 to that number for a general waist size and that those with a fuller figure may have to go up from there. I'm so excited but also super nervous i won't feel like i look good enough in them :eusa_doh:

2. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Good for you, im sure you will look great

3. tone

My advice would be try the pants on definitely, I don't know how accurate the sizing thing is. I'm a 0-2 in women's and a 28-29 in mens (which is usually how low it goes anyway), so the add 21 might not be accurate.

4. scarstar14

Of course I plan to try them on since I'm no where near consistent in girl pants where I'm familiar with the sizes. I just don't want to be going back and forth trying on a billion pants and looking as new to it as i am! So I guess I should use that as the lowest size and get a few up from there. Any advice on height? I'm 5'2" so short for girl height but really short for guy height! :icon_redf

---------- Post added 8th Jul 2014 at 10:56 PM ----------

Of course I'll post pictures on here, provided I don't get frustrated. I want to look like a guy not a girl trying to be sexy or whatever in man pants! Thanks for the good words though :icon_bigg

5. Kaeden42

I'd recommend starting with the smallest size and going up as you said. If your worried about going back and forth a lot you can always take several sizes with you to try on at first until you find a size that fits and then worry about the actual pants.

I'm sure you'll look great! It feels awesome to finally find clothes you're comfortable in.

6. PotatoSmuggler

21 thing didn't work for me. I'm also a 6 and I wear a 32/32. I'm really curvy though, so it may vary.

7. stormborn

women's sizes are all kinds of messed up, really. what i'd do is measure around your hips and inseam length before you go, as i think that's how men's pants are sized. (at least i hope so because i'm supposed to go for my first shopping trip as a guy tomorrow :icon_redf)

8. Owl333

Owl333 Guest

Good luck! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride: One of the problems I had, that you may run into, is the pants for guys my height were too tight around the hips. I was really depressed about it at first, but then I get pant a size bigger and then have to get them cut to my height. So I would generally worry about how they feel on your legs and waste rather than the how long they are. :slight_smile:

9. birdking

Measure your waist and inseam, that's how you find your pants size!

10. scarstar14

Got my pants and after all the stress of getting them i LOVE them!!!

11. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For guys pants, sizing is relatively simple. Though they do use vanity sizing as well now, measure your waist (where the pants sit, generally about 3 inches above the widest part of your hip) in inches, and then subtract 3 or 4 from the number. This will be where to start for the waist size. Inseam is less often vanity sized. Measure down the inside of your leg from the crotch to the floor, and subtract how ever much you want the pants to be above the ground. Generally about two inches if you are going to be wearing shoes, 3 or 4 inches if wearing work/uniform boots.

12. scarstar14

Heres a picture of me in them!! I'm like literally loving these pants!!
    I dont get why they get to be so much comfier than womens pants, because holy crap that was one of my most comfy days at work ever!
    Aaaand i dont think either of my parents noticed they were guy pants, good since i'm not ready to explain that yet!

Attached Files:

13. CommanderMatt

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    They look awesome on you! For future reference if you're really skinny slim fit pants are amazeballs. Straight legs are kind of a pain.

14. birdking

lookin' good!

15. scarstar14

I wish i was skinnier! I carry alot of fat on my hips and tummy which is not good when attempting to fight off my female shape! So far i love the whole straight leg and not having to peel my pants off my bum to use the bathroom! I was looking at what i think were slimmer fit pants than these and liked them but didn't try them on since right now I'm sure they'd show curves. Thanks, I'll keep note for when i get skinny though! :thumbsup:

---------- Post added 11th Jul 2014 at 06:02 PM ----------

Thanks! They feel so good too. By the way totally off topic but i love your profile pic! Damn cute! :slight_smile:

16. wanderinggirl

I'm a size 6 and I'm wearing a 30 men's right now.

17. AngerAndAgony

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been wondering about this too, I'm a size 18 in women's jeans. When I last wore guys', I was like a 14 and I was wearing 34x30. I have nothing to measure with. Any ideas? And glad your first guy pants fit!

18. scarstar14

Im wearing a 34x29, i literally tried on a ton of sizes it was frustrating and then on the single last time and pair i went in with they were the ones, if they werent i probably would have gone home without any because i waz getting frustrated and wanted to cry and scream in the dressing room, but that was all worth it for these and how comfy i am in them

19. stormborn

try looking up sizing charts for the pants you own (usually brands have sizing charts on their websites) and then you can use the measurements from those pants, for seeing which size men's will fit.

20. Kaeden42

They look great! Congrats!!