1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just got my first boxer-briefs!

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by wanderinggirl, Jul 11, 2014.

1. wanderinggirl

Even though I'm cis-female, I've spent my life being jealous of people who can wear clothing designated as "men's". Finally I decided, what's the worst that could happen if I wore those things? So I ordered some guy's tshirts, and now I use men's deodorant. I also have some men's pants that I cut into shorts. But I was still wearing my same old underwear.

Finally for my birthday I ordered some men's boxer-briefs online, and they finally came today. I hid them from my roommate, because I'm a little nervous about it, but I feel so free in them! I feel so transgressive but also so affirmed in my DD-cup polka-dot underwire bra... and men's underwear. Heh nobody knows... but the waistband peeks out so it's not hard to figure out.

I wonder how a straight guy would react if he found out. Would that be a huge turnoff? Or would it be fine? I definitely feel more attractive for myself, and I feel more attractive to women, but a little more uncertain about dating guys.

Just thought I'd share my gender-nonconformity. :grin: :grin:

---------- Post added 11th Jul 2014 at 02:45 PM ----------

Update: told my roommate. Now I don't have to hide it from her!

2. laurenc

laurenc Guest

there are actually many guys who find females who wear "mens" underwear very attractive and the ones who have a problem with you wearing "mens" underwear probably are not men you want or need to date . also congrats on being accepted by your room mate :slight_smile:

3. wanderinggirl

Thanks laurenc, I'm getting that sense as well (that those are not the people to date). And yes my roommate is awesome.

4. iamjustababy

iamjustababy Active Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh my gosh I'm jealous xD

5. justjade

Boxer briefs are so comfortable! I love them! :grin:

And the ones with the seams in back frame your butt, so there's that.

6. wanderinggirl

Ooh never noticed that... *checks out own butt in mirror*

7. a lot of straight women i know wear them. and most have boyfriends so i wouldnt say it was a turn off. if it is a turn off then that guy just isnt for you.

i feel like the only woman who finds them the most uncomfy things ever!

8. ABeautifulMind

I where boxers, and wore boxer briefs before that. If you think boxer briefs are comfy and never tried boxers, you should. I only where boxers now.

9. itsAli

I'm transgender, and the amount of times I've had to lend my boyfriend my boxers because he's randomly stayed the night and was unprepared, it's actually useful!

10. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Comfiest undies ever. :thumbsup:

11. wanderinggirl

I used to always have this feeling that in order to wear anything "men's" you had to be in a relationship with a guy; most straight girls I know only wear men's stuff when they're in a relationship. It used to really bother me because it was kindof like "i borrow my boyfriends stuff all the time hehe look how cute we are together"... but now I think of it a little differently, like maybe we're all just waiting for an excuse to wear boxer briefs without assumptions being made about us. Maybe.

Also I thought they were uncomfy at first when I bought a small size, but if you size up they're great. No wedgies. Just be wary under tight pants; some of them will give you VPL, but other styles wont.

12. Nightdream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Damn, you're so lucky for being able to do that. I hope I'll be able to do that too.