1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trapped

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by idream, Jul 13, 2014.

1. idream

idream Guest

There's me. I'm a girl named Ashlyn. Like a hard-core girly girl who loves the color pink and enjoys dressing up. And then there's me. I'm a boy named Oliver. I want to be strong and handsome. I want to be a man. But I only identify as either of those half the time, and its unexpected. I want people to call me Oliver when I feel like him...just writing this down makes me feel insane. I'm just so confused. Can anybody relate?

2. Auren

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    You sound bi-gender or genderfluid, probably the latter. When you say its unexpected, do you mean that which one you identify with changes at random times?

I don't think you're insane at all, but for practical purposes it would be difficult for people who know you to alternate between two names. It might be manageable somehow though to express both.

3. idream

idream Guest

Yeah. I'll wake up feeling like wearing a dress and get depressed in the middle of the day because I'm not hiding under a massive sweatshirt. I get embaressed that I put a dress on in the first place. Thanks

4. Auren

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Does anything trigger the change in feeling that you can tell, or does it happen when nobody is around and you're not doing anything different?

5. idream

idream Guest

No trigger

6. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sounds like bigender might fit. You seem to identify as two distinct genders at different times, which is what would distinguish bigender from genderfluid (where you would usually identify as more than two genders at different times).

Just make sure it's a gender issue, and not a 'sometimes I like to dress feminine, sometimes I like to dress masculine' issue, which is an entirely different thing.