1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I almost came out... Panicked

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by AllenL, Jul 14, 2014.

1. AllenL

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I had some trouble yesterday. I was feeling really sad and depressed, and my friend started texting me (we will call her Sarah.) well Sarah could tell something was really making me sad, so I tried to have her guess it (pathetic, I know, but I couldn't say it out loud yet) and she did guess I was trans, but then I quickly said "no." I feel like I was not ready to admit it, and there is still a part of me hoping it is just a phase. I really want a friend to know because I can't/won't talk to my parents about this. :help: please help me

2. Richie.

You're not pathetic!! You'll do it in your own time. Be kind to yourself. No rush

3. birdking

^ don't put yourself down! You're doing fine; the first person you have to come out to is yourself :slight_smile:

If you're not ready to come out, the very idea is terrifying (it's even a little scary when you ARE ready) so that is a normal reaction.

4. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Agree.

How would you feel about trying again? Explain to Sarah that you felt scared when she guessed correctly and the reasons why.

What do you think?

Try not to view this as a setback, but more of a blip when you felt scared.

5. AllenL

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    It might be awhile, I'm still not ready. And everything at the moment looks hopeless, I've probably inherited one of the most unfemme builds ever. Plus not only do I have my trans issue, I am entering high school in two months so I will have to worry about grades.

6. birdking

That's okay, it's important to take things at your own pace so as not to overwhelm yourself!

High school isn't that bad! (in Alaska at least) and you will make a lot of friends in the next four years :slight_smile: Coming out in high school is far easier than doing it in middle school.

I know it seems like everything is happening at once, and it sucks. But you have all the time in the world. Do what makes you comfortable and you'll be fine!

7. Brodie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you're rather brave to be honest, wanting to tell someone and telling them are both completely different stages I bet but at least you at the first hurdle. This "friend" will love you either way and if their the right person will help support you, phase or no phase, support is always a good option in my book.

I had to tell someone I was gay when I was 14 and it lifted such a weight, I hope you get the same relief.

8. AllenL

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Thank you all for the support and help it really means a lot to me. Thank you!

9. Akane

Well, don't come out til you feel that you are sure, but it is also nice to talk to people about it so, it is a toss up.

I am not sure how to bring up my feelings of dysphoria to my mom, even though she might not truly understand, it comes up at random times, and it really does suck keeping it all in.