1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swimming in a Binder?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by itsAli, Jul 14, 2014.

1. itsAli

I have the Underworks Ultimate Chest Binder 997, and I was wondering if I can go swimming in it? Is there anything I have to do afterwards to keep it binding well, and is there anything I need to take precaution with?
    I want to go in the sea, only

#1 itsAli, Jul 14, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
  2. stormborn

i've never tried, but it seems like you'd be able to. i'd say wash it immediatrly afterwards and probably don't go in a chlorinated pool. be wary of how much it restricts your breathing, and don't push yourself too much when you're swimming.

3. CommanderMatt

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I wouldn't really advise it. Swimming in a standard binder could be dangerous. They have binders specifically made for swimming if you have the cash to dish out for one.

4. itsAli

I don't, unfortunately, but my friend has an old binder she used for cosplay (the boob tube kinda ones) so if she's willing she may let me have it
    Another question, would you advise wearing underwear under swim trunks since my anatomy is different from a cis guys? (Just wondering if it'll be more comfortable or whatever)

5. CommanderMatt

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Wearing underwear under swim trunks can be uncomfortable in my experience, but I usually do because of the possibility of trunks falling off. Ultimately it depends on what you're comfortable with.

6. Hexagon

Yeah, I've done it before. Just don't choose a black one under a white t-shirt, and wash it after. As for trunks, you'll be fine without underwear.

7. smokey-knows-all

Ive been swimming with a bra i hate under my t shirt but ill probably end up using a tight tanktop or something. Ive heard people say binders can handle swimming and ive heard people say they cant too. Play it safe with something thats $30 haha

8. itsAli

My friend's letting me have her old cosplay binder, so I can keep my full vest top one safe and use the boob tube one for swimming

9. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    On its own, I don't know since the chlorine could affect it potentially. I hear guys say they wear rash guards over their binders. Me, I have a swim binder on the side that doubles as a secondary binder I wear regularly.

10. Akane

Underworks has compression top and binder wet suits just right for it...

Saltwater would ruin it I imagine.

11. birdking

Keep in mind not to swim too hard or do any overly strenuous activity when you're wearing the binder! You could hurt your ribs.

But also yeah, I've heard of people wearing binders to swim. It's probably best that you're using an old binder for it.