1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there any possibility at all that I'm cis?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Wuggums47, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

I'm biologically male.
    I chose a gender neutral name for myself when I was 2
    The first time I expressed a desire to wear womens clothing was when I was 4 or 5
    I don't like it when people say things like "What a handsome young man you are"
    I am physically repulsed by my body hair, my only masculine feature. When it first started coming in I would get so upset I would rip it out. From what I've heard that's not as bad as a lot of peoples dyphoria. It should be pointed out that back when I did that I was also extremely emotionally unstable.
    I am 18 and my voice hasn't changed, but I am extremely worried that it might.
    I don't feel like a man
    I don't want to be a man
    I don't want to be a woman either.
    I don't use masculine pronouns to describe myself

Do you think there are any cis people who feel this way? Before I come out completely I need to be 100% sure. Honestly as I typed this I noticed there's pretty much no way I'm not genderqueer though.

2. Mogget

I like what Natalie Reed has to say on this subject:

3. Acm

Acm Guest

You sound trans to me but only you know for sure.

4. wanderinggirl

I don't think any truly cis people feel this way, but there's no one "cis" experience. I just know that when I was complemented on being pretty as a kid I was super happy, even though I now present very androgynously and I dislike my boobs and often use gender-neutral nicknames. Despite this I still feel connected with the gender I was designated at birth.

But maybe you're somewhere in the middle; if you don't feel female, you could be gq, bigender, agender, genderfluid...

5. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I consider myself cis, but I also have moments of gender confusion and genderqueer phases. It took me a long time to just realize I have slightly more masculine interests and my body dysphoria was just based on internalized homophobia.

You sound genderqueer though.

6. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

Thanks for the replies, hope I get a few more.

7. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You definitely don't sound cis to me.

8. Oddish

Oddish Guest

Only you can determine what your gender is, although, based on what you've listed.. I don't imagine a cis person mentioning half of those things, especially dysphoria or not wanting to be, or feeling like, a man or woman.

9. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If you don't want to be a man or a woman, could you possibly be agender?

10. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

Well, I kind of go back and forth between feeling like I'm agender and feeling like I'm an androgyne. Maybe it's kind of like I'm agender, but with an androgynous expression? Although sometimes I do feel like I have what could be described as feminine or masculine energy. It's all pretty confusing so I just say genderqueer.

11. sherlock

Out Status:
    A few people
    Genderqueer sounds right. That's what I'd go with if I were you but like the posters above said, only you can really know for sure.
    Love your sig BTW! :eusa_clap:roflmao:

12. sguyc

Maybe you should go ask cis people, no? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. You sound very feminine and react very strongly against masculinity.