1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I not have dysphoria any more?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Wuggums47, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

I'm MAAB and genderqueer, and have been blessed with an androgynous voice, face, and body. I would much rather have a vagina, but it doesn't bother me so much that I'd like to get surgery. I mean I think about it sometimes, but not sure I'd go through with it. When I first started growing body hair I saw it as disgusting and masculine. I used to cry and rip it out. I'm pretty sure that counts as dysphoria.

But that was when I was mentally ill. Now when I see my body or facial hair, or when I shave it I just feel disgusting, nauseous, and a hard to describe off feeling. I'm currently planning on getting laser hair removal to get rid of it. I also hate it when someone says something like "what a handsome young man you are", and it gives me that same feeling. Is that still dysphoria? It seems very mild compared to what I had before.

2. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, I think that's still disphoria.

3. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, I would still consider it dysphoria. You mentioned you feel disgusted and nauseous - why wouldn't it be?

Some people get milder dysphoria. When I'm in a good mood, my breasts just look very strange and they feel out-of-place. I don't feel too upset about it, it just makes me feel odd. This is considered dysphoria, because it's 'a feeling of disconnect' from my body.

Or, well, that's what the definition says, anyway.