1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i hate haircuts

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by rarity von 666, Jul 16, 2014.

1. rarity von 666

ok so the past couple of mouths. my dad has been bugging me to cut my hair but i refuse to. he says "you have ugly hair" "it looks stupid" "i can't see your face" it is really fucking annoying and I'm sick of this everyday bullshit. so fuck it.:***::tantrum:

---------- Post added 16th Jul 2014 at 01:05 AM ----------

*months

2. birdking

Sounds like you're dad is being REALLY rude. Like that's not okay.

Ignore him. I mean I know that it's hurtful and it's not something you can just forget, but don't cut your hair for him. It's YOUR hair! You can do what you want with it.

Maybe you should tell him that what he's saying is hurtful, in case he doesn't realize (I mean he SHOULD but you never know)

3. Budweiser

The hair debate is a classic one between parents and kids. It is annoying, but it will be OK.

4. Greeley

I remember when i had my "long" hair stage, it was down to my shoulders and i had emo hair too about the same age as you. My dad kept saying i looked stupid and i was just like eugh leave me alone.

God he was right haha. i look at the photo's now and think OH MY GOD WHY DID I HAVE THAT HAIR.

but tbf, i hate going to get my haircut too, i cant stand the small talk and stuff, it just feels awkward and forced.

5. TheCatBassist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My mom also kept bugging me to cut my hair but I frankly told her that I'm way more comfortable with my current hair and it looks awesome to me. My hair is wavy just like I like it. That seemed to work for me. She stopped with the pestering

6. RainDreamer

Well, I think you can go one step further. Go to a saloon and get your hair styled in a feminine way. If you just simply growing it long but unkempt, it might not look very good. Some people can pull off the wild look though, so if you don't want to, then don't. But I think going to a hair saloon would be a great experience for us transgirls, and you get pretty hair after to boot!

Also, once you are all prettied up and looking nice, your dad can't say anything about having your hair being "ugly" anymore. He might then say you should cut to be more "manly" like some of my older relatives tell me, but ignore them and keep the feminine hair. It will be a water test to see if they are comfortable with you, so coming out later to them might be easier.

7. Yosia

My parents dont like mine at the moment and they definitely dont like what i want it to look like but i just said- "you want me to act like an adult so as an adult im choosing how i look" it shuts them up.

8. Candace

My mom keeps bugging me about my hair and that I should get a haircut. The problem with my hair is that it doesn't grow downward, but outward so that it looks like a scrunchy that you use in the shower :lol:. Anyway, I'm probably getting one today but yeah, I'm tired of my mom saying how poofy, disgusting it looks. It's just rude after a while :dry:.

9. SpitfireXSoarin

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  10. rarity von 666

my mom told me that she'll let me have it long at her house (parents are divorce) so I'm happy my understands :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 18th Jul 2014 at 01:46 AM ----------

*my mom understands

11. itsAli

Silly suggestion, Get a wig, wear it, let the hairdresser cut the wig into the ugliest style ever, when he says he doesn't like it puill it off and say "it's a good job I DIDN'T get that hair cut then!" He'll be so relieved, he won't ask you to cut it