1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anticipation

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by scarstar14, Jul 16, 2014.

1. scarstar14

Ordered my very first binder this weekend. Got it with 2 day shipping. So todays the day its coming, its out for delivery right now. Its hard to explain my excitement to my parents why the headphones and bandaids that will be in the same box are so exciting :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: i mean they are bluetooth headphones but still no one gets this excited over headphones!! So i hope its not suspicious haha.

Anyways thats all, just thought id share my excitement with people who would understand. :slight_smile:

2. wanderinggirl

Congratulations on your new gender-affirming headphones! ;-)

3. scarstar14

It finally came :slight_smile: had to wear my headphones for a while so they thought that I really was that excited about them. I'm so happy my binder is here. I'm not super impressed (I didn't get one of the nice name brand ones this time since its my first) but I know I want too much for having a 34D chest, it does work better than the sports bra though, I just had the unrealistic hope it'd make me completely flat

4. KyleCats

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm sorry, man. I had the same experience (I'm 40DDD). I didn't think it'd get totally flat but I thought it would work a little better than it does. You have my sympathies.

5. wanderinggirl

Lol at you walking around with headphones. That's really cute.

As for the binder, sorry it didn't live up to your expectations. I think most people who bind, who are bigger than an A/B cup, use a combination of layering and binding to look flat. Try wearing a short-sleeve buttondown, or a sleeveless sweatshirt, or a vest (I'm assuming its hot-as-hell summer where you are) over a t-shirt. And baggier does not always equal better for disguising things; sometimes baggy stuff hangs in a way that shows more curves than a more fitted shirt. I have a friend who is a 32D (we were just talking about binders today) and I would never have guessed because of how they dress.

Just experiment and see what works.

#5 wanderinggirl, Jul 16, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
  6. birdking

I'm a small C/large B and even I don't get perfectly flat. Layering shirts is a lifesaver. There are also ways to shift stuff around so you look flatter, if you get my drift.

Even cis men aren't completely flat, though. Also, you probably look flatter to people that don't know you're binding, your brain is being self conscious.

7. scarstar14

I realized this morning that even walking around with my headphones in I should have worried about someone saying "hey where'd your chest go" lol no one even noticed though. I layered a tank top and bigger t shirt tonight and look better than just the tank top I was using last night.
    The pushing shifting and tucking is hard due to a piercing, I ended up making another thread about piercing and binding, so it turns out I may end up having to keep using just sports bras if it ends up being a problem, because it sounds silly but I am in no way wanting to take it out since it means something to me.

As it turns out it's a shitty binder and I can't wear it. It fits but it's cheap from China and doesn't have stretch and I didn't think it was restricting breathing, but I noticed when I it put it on tonight it makes my breathing feel funny, like a wheeze but not... so off it comes since I'd rather not hurt something... should have just gone to underworks first like I'm looking now