1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Binding and nipple ring

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by scarstar14, Jul 16, 2014.

1. scarstar14

This is going to be a question i dont know if any of you can answer. But i have a nipple ring, i got it in an impulsive time post breakup as an independence and secret thing and only me and the friend who was there for me during that hard time, anyways long story short i love the piercing and dont want to take it out. But today when i got to try on my first binder for the first time i realized it's probably going to cause problems. My binder is breathable fabric so that's good, but whilst pushing and tucking to position them better i end up pulling on the piercing and the fabric pulled on it when pulled far to the side. So does anyone here have any suggestions?

2. wanderinggirl

At a preliminary guess, from what people say, the two don't make a good combination.

question about nipple piercing

Would you consider taking out the nipple ring and getting another piercing you like instead? Also how's the binder working out?

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't see that ending well at all. It really just sounds uncomfortable thinking about it. Since the binder is a tighter fabric, I could easily see that pulling on it. I would say that your best bet is to remove it as well, unless you want some damage done...

4. all paths

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yup. Agree with the others.

Oil and water.

5. stormborn

i don't have my nipples pierced (or any piercings for that matter) so i don't know how good of advice this is, but could you try putting a bandage, medical tape, or gauze of some sort over the piercing to protect it/hold it in place a little better when you bind? i don't see it ending too well -- i don't know about you, but it's a struggle for me to get my binder off, and adding a piercing into that arduous process is terrifying to me :eek:

6. scarstar14

I'm really sad to find out the 2 probably wont work together... because i really don't know how to choose. I know it sounds completely silly but i really can't let myself get rid of the piercing because it's a huge part of me symbolically. I think it'd honestly rather Just use as tight sports bras. Right now I'm trying to figure out through my crappy cheap binder if sticking a bandaid over it when i do bind (i don't do it terribly often) if i should invest in a nicer one or if the piercing will be in the way. This is kinda disappointing :frowning2:

7. wanderinggirl

Could you get a spiffy lil tattoo instead of the ring?

Also you could try deconstructing the binder, cutting up both sides and sewing a strip of stretchier material (such as an old t-shirt, or ace bandage) in, and giving that a shot. I have zero experience with this so don't take my word for it, but since it's a cheap binder that you said doesn't work great for you maybe it's worth sacrificing this'un for the sake of experimentation.

8. itsAli

You can get 'earring tape' which is what we used to use in sports, it's a tape for your skin, that you tape over the piercing so it doesn't get pulled out or move. You could try that over it, so it stays in place when you bind?