1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transformation from Male to Female- How did it go for you?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Epiphany101, Jul 16, 2014.

1. Epiphany101

Australia, perhaps I'll reveal more....Later. ;)
    I'm a transgender male, but don't let that fool you. I look more masculine than anything.
    I've been thinking a lot to myself lately that maybe my life would be better if I were a woman....maybe I would find that person that matches my personality.
    So I guess I just wanted to know, why you made/didn't make the change and whether that decision worked/didn't work out for you.
    Sorry I don't mean to get so personal.

2. Epiphany101

3. Nick07

I am not sure from your post who you were born as an who you really feel to be. If you are a transman, I would guess you were born a woman. If you were born a woman but don't feel to be one, it could be a struggle to stay that way.
    If you were born a man but are a transwoman, the same applies. But never transition for someone or to find someone. It won't work. Your personality won't change much with HRT anyway.

4. Epiphany101

I was born a male, although since an early age I feel that I would be happier being born a female. I would never change my gender to be with someone....I want someone to accept me as is. I fear entering HRT and things not turning out the way I would like.

5. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You might have a look at this thread:
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/anony...on/147192-transitioning-where-do-i-start.html

The transgender spectrum goes i.e. from crossdressers, to people living with almost androgynous appearance, to taking hormones, to srs.
    Of course the list is not all possible options.
    It's up to you to collect further information...
    You might also for example talk to someone from an lgbt center, if that's what you want.

I would do things I'm comfortable with, don't feel pressured to do something... its your decision.
    There is no only one right way to do this.
    Its your choice what you want to do...

#5 jay777, Aug 7, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  6. DhammaGamer

Go see a therapist who specializes in this kind of thing. They will help you.