1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Identity Crisis...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by breathmints, Jul 16, 2014.

1. breathmints

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm already having enough troubles getting people to call me by my chosen name, but I'm still questioning myself as well. I really do like the name Celest. But, at the same time I have doubts.

As much joy it brings me when people actually call me by it, I feel like it isn't enough. I just feel like something is missing. I've had nightmares lately of people confronting me about my name and I would become a deer in the headlights. I would try to say something, but not sure what. Sometimes I'd manage to choke out a "I don't know" or they would question me further.

It may not actually sound scary, but to me it rises my anxiety levels even in my sleep. I'm just not sure what to do. It's bad enough I barely get people to call me by my current chosen name; I feel like people will stop trying if I find another name I like instead...

2. Minnie

It could be that you like the name but you still don't fully recognise it as your name. Having a name to go by that feels like you is really important. Maybe Celeste is a name you'd prefer to have for an avatar, or a nickname - something that you go by but you know isn't the true you.

3. birdking

idk man it was weird when people first started calling me "Andy" maybe you just haven't gotten used to it yet?

4. breathmints

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That could be true.. I just feel that the name might be a bit too feminine for me? I mean, I like dressing very feminine and what not, but my gender is kinda like a weird floaty blob that drifts into an outward feminine and inward masculine if that makes sense?

Though I really love getting called Celest, I still feel I could use a more masculine/adrogyne name.. No masc names have really appealed to me, though. Is there maybe a forum for getting help finding a new name?

The only ones that even slightly catch my attention are like.. Wes, Luca, Clay and Elliot.

5. birdking

Try this site, it's how I name all my characters. There are lots of unisex names.

6. stormborn

i'm sure people here would be willing to offer some suggestions if you were to give some direction to what you are looking for! :slight_smile:

7. breathmints

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, as I said earlier I'm looking for a more masculine or adrogyne name. I listed a few above that I kinda like. I just feel like I don't want anything overly masculine. I mainly want it to lean towards adrogyne.

8. warholwendy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You want a good name

What's your last name no creepo

9. breathmints

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My last name is Curtis, though I'm not very fond of it. I'm not a fan of my father's side of the family. I really would like to change both my first and surname given the chance to do so legally.