1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Binder review: Underworks Magicotton, for someone with DD's

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by wanderinggirl, Jul 18, 2014.

1. wanderinggirl

Specs:
    -Underworks Magicotton
    -Color: black
    -$40 including S&H
    -Size 36 B/C/D (I'm a 32 DD)
    -Arrived within a week from Amazon, in discrete packaging
    -Half-length
    -Cotton blend, somewhat stretchy, very breathable

Here's my 2 cents:

I have a fluid gender expression, so I ordered it because some days all I see in mirrors and photos is boobs, and I hate it. I don't plan on binding every day; only when I'm not feeling the underwire/feminine wardrobe. This is my first binder.

Tried it first under a light-colored tight t-shirt; looked weird. Then I tried it under a slightly baggier black men's t-shirt and it looks great. I could go just like that, but I added a hipster scarf and now it looks totally natural (btw, I totally recommend this for reducing appearance of chest, if you're wearing a tshirt and if you don't mind looking like a hipster boy). Buttondowns and hoodies fit way better now; I can't wait for the fall/layering season! I'm still a little nervous about wearing it out of the house; I'll get there eventually.

Bottom line:
    Pros: stretchy, breathable, comfortable. Quality stitching. Easy to get on. If you live with parents it's passable as a sports bra. It binds flatter than a sports bra. It won't make you overheat like full-length binders, or roll up. Good for smaller cup sizes. Also good if you're worrying about having breathing difficulty/fluid build up, since it's not super tight and it's made to move with you. If you have a larger chest, a compression top over it would help get you flatter

Cons: Won't get you as flat as some other ones. It worked for me at my size, but I don't have too much dysphoria; if you do, your impression may be different. Not recommended under a really tight t-shirt; best under baggier stuff. Not as cheap as some out there, but then again it's more affordable than others. The fact that it looks like a sports bra makes it look more feminine than say a full-length binder, if that's a consideration for you.

Overall, I'm very happy. If it suits your needs I recommend it! :thumbsup:

2. wanderinggirl

Update: I wore this out to a queer dance party and I felt so great! I never knew I could have so much confidence. I didn't even feel the need to drink. Plus I danced in it all night and not a lick of discomfort (!)(!!):eusa_danc:music: . Unlike a sports bra, the band wasn't digging in. Unfortunately I couldn't wear the tank top (unisex/men's) I wanted because the edge of the binder peeked out, but it looked great under a t-shirt.

My night was like :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:. Success! :thumbsup: