1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Height

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by ezrawtf, Jul 19, 2014.

1. ezrawtf

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey guys, first post here.

I've been very upset lately because of my height. I'm 5 feet tall, whereas men who are considered short are way taller than me, and I just. I feel like shit.
    I can't stop thinking about if i'll even be considered a man.

My old boyfriend was 7 inches taller than me and I felt so inferior compared to him. Especially in the bedroom.

Currently 15 years old and started T last Monday, i don't think i'll grow any taller at this point. Beginning hormones has definitely been a very positive impact on my emotions, and I don't know why I'm still crying over my height. Shouldn't I be more grateful?

Are there any short guys out there who have been in a similar situation? Has your height had an impact on your relationship(s)?

#1 ezrawtf, Jul 19, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
  2. RayXxx

RayXxx Guest

I hate my height, a mere 5'3. I feel like a joke of man because of it. What's even more is that not only are most guys a head taller, but most girls are also taller than me. I find myself constantly comparing my own height to everyone elses.

3. Emulator

The height range is quite large. I've seen guys who are below 5', so...you haven't got the worst end of it.

4. anonym

anonym Guest

I'm 5ft 3" and feel like a joke of a guy too. I am 26 and I'm definitely not going to grow any taller. It sucks but like all things, I think I'll get over it. There's a grieving process for all things you lose and for me, this has included things I never even had. Admittedly, I discovered this rather late in life. :-/

You're only 15 and already on t so I wouldn't give up hope of growing any taller just yet.

5. earthlvr510

Im only 5'2 so I feel your pain. There might be a chance though that you could get a bit taller now that your on T as your still fairly young so don't give up hope yet. It used to bother me a lot but I know a lot of guys that are about my height so Im ok with it now. Once I showed everyone in high school that I wasn't someone to be messed with I learned to own it. Now its just part of who I am and as long as I don't get called "cute" it doesn't bother me any more.

6. thevenerable

Southeast Asia - yeah it's not just South and East
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm 5'5'' mainly because of my ethnicity. I'm Southeast Asian and, I swear, my height is average in our country. But I feel so inferior when I stand beside a Westerner or even some East Asian :frowning2:

I'm so short for a gay GUY so, yeah, sometimes I have that short guy syndrome---is that how you call it??

7. stormborn

i wouldn't give up hope on growing, since you're starting hormones so young. :slight_smile: and if it makes you feel any better, i know a cis guy that is 4'10"!

8. sherlock

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm 5'7'' and East Asian, but trust me, I don't feel any better. I see guys everywhere who are taller than me and I feel pretty bad. I think T would help. Also, drink a lot milk and work out!

9. ezrawtf

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ahhh it feels less lonely now. omg thanks everyone for the support I'm also Southeast Asian and as someone living in the US, it's not very common to see a guy this short.

Have you guys had trouble finding right fitting clothing as well?
    a lot of it seems too long for me to wear, and doesn't fit with my hips(mostly any dress shirt my size)

10. PurpleDream

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm not a guy but I am short as a girl and being Asian 5'4", which is short here in America!
    I used to have an ex-bf who I used to date for some months who was 2" shorter than me, he was Asian also.
    And I can tell you this, not to sound bad but most of us Asians are short to begin with. lol

I heard that if you stretch just about everyday it will at least help a bit. And you're still 15, so I truly believe you're still able to develop in your growth until in your early 20's or sth.

11. Acm

Acm Guest

I'm 5'4" and I don't think I'm going to grow any more :frowning2:
    I know some cis guys that are my height or shorter though.

12. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My ancestry is all Chinese, and I'm a whopping 4'11"!

As you can see, I will tower over every cisgender man! FEAR ME, MORTALS! :badgrin:

(but no, really, don't feel bad - apparently some cis guys are as short as heck)

13. birdking

i'm 5'4" too!

Daniel Radcliffe is 5'5", Kevin Hart is 5'2", Prince is 5'2"

14. smokey-knows-all

15. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I'm 5'2/5'3, and while my height does frustrate me, there are a lot of cis men who are quite short themselves, too. Height doesn't make you any more or less of a man than you are now.

16. Nightdream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Don't worry so much about that, I've met many cisgender guys that were very short.

17. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Growing usually doesn't end until a person is in their early 20's. I'm not on T yet, but I have been doing these stretching exercises and avoiding foods that contain phytic acid and it certainly seems like I have been growing! I hadn't been growing at all before this. Most "tall" people either don't seem that tall anymore or I have passed their height. Most of my clothes barely even fit anymore.

Remember to eat healthy, stay active and don't give up hope! :slight_smile:

18. justjade

Yeah, knowing I'm the same height as Michael J. Fox and Seth Green--which is 5'4"--makes me feel better.

I'm quite short. I'm like the Krillin of my group. :lol: Anyway, you're lucky you're starting hormones so young. I'm 25, so even if I did start taking T, I wouldn't get any taller. You may get taller still. That's pretty good, right? :grin:

As far as relationships go, my husband is 5'11", and I wouldn't have it any other way. I've dated guys around my height (Yes, they're out there!), and it was always weird. Basically, if a guy is below average height, having sex with him is difficult. I slept with a guy who's 5'6" once. It's not bad enough that he had ED. It was also awkward for me because he's so close to my height. I actually prefer my guys to be bigger than I am.

19. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I feel you, I'm 5'1" and Asian. I wish I could grow at least 10 inches.

20. ProtegeMoi

I've got the exact opposite issue. I'm 6'3", it'd be nice to be 5'10-11. Would help me pass as female a lot easier when I get to that stage.