1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with attraction

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by anonym, Jul 19, 2014.

1. anonym

anonym Guest

Does anybody else find they have issues with their sexuality and with people being attracted to them because of their gender identity?

I'm struggling to work out if it's my asperger's syndrome, my body dysphoria or whether I'm actually bordering on asexual. I think if I were MAAB I wouldn't have a problem with my sexuality but as it stands, being attracted to women in this body makes me feel sick, the idea of a woman being attracted to me as a female makes me feel even more nauseous. What the hell is this all about?

2. Acm

Acm Guest

Yeah I definitely have this problem. I can't STAND the idea of anyone being attracted to me if I'm visibly female. When I was younger and I first hit puberty I tried to avoid men in public because it freaked me out so much. And before I knew I was trans, I mistook my dysphoria for asexuality and I basically tried to repress all sexual thoughts and just call myself asexual.

3. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes. I do as well.

It just upsets and scares me to love and to be loved in this body because most people would only see the outside. It's tough, but I hope I wouldn't have that problem in the future. If you know what I mean. :wink:

4. Nightdream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I used to have this problem way before I found out my gender identity, now I don't feel as bad about it as before.

5. birdking

I don't like straight men being attracted to me, or gay women. It makes me feel like I'm lying to them or something.

6. KyleCats

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, I hate when straight guys hit on me. Several years ago when I was in better shape, it was constant. Made me feel like complete shit - and I hadn't even figured out I was trans yet.

I too went though a period where I thought I was asexual and refused any kind of attention. Shut myself off from the world.

Chicks hit on me now sometimes, which is irritating but not as much as straight dudes.

7. jaska

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    all my life I've never even thought about people being attracted to me, it never even occurred to me that they might. I never noticed when people did hit on me. :confused: