1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Happy Without Transitioning?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Auren, Jul 19, 2014.

1. Auren

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So, I've experienced moderate depression pretty much non-stop since I was 11 or 12. Therapy and meds didn't help. I think that it is caused mainly by me wanting to be able to express my female side but being unable to.

However, transitioning is out of the question for me, and I wouldn't really want to anyway. Is it possible for me to find happiness in spite of this? Does anyone know of any good books or resources for dealing with this?

2. TheUglyBarnacle

I think what will help the most is expressing your female side. You don't have to transition in order to do that. You can paint your toenails, wear feminine underwear, wax your body hair, style your hair in a gender-neutral, leaning feminine way, wear gender-neutral clothes from the female department, wear a bit of make-up if that floats your boat and many other things that a typical guy wouldn't do.

Maybe seeing a therapist would help. As far as resources are concerned, EC is an amazing place. You get to communicate with other gender-variant people and you see that it's not all that bad. This place definitely cheers me and other people up. Stick around. :slight_smile: