1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not good with Labels..

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Arianrhod, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Arianrhod

I personally dislike the need for Labels but I understand how it can speed up explaining things to people who arn't all that understanding. So here is the gist of it..

I honestly don't really know what to call myself... I see myself as a girly girl.. I love skirts, Dresses, Jewelry, heels(mostly heeled boots though i don't like my feet showing ><) I want to learn how to do amazing things with makeup, being raised as a guy severely hurt me in that department. But at the same time, aside from clothes and jewelry and a love of romance novels, I don't really think i have that many Girlish hobbies and interests x.x

I love working with metal and fire despite the heat and work being murder on a feminine figure, hands and hair. Im not against hunting and fishing, though i don't really like guns.. when it comes to video games, i tend to lean towards the violent games over things that are generally bought by girls and I'm not afraid of physical labor..

2. itsAli

Gender identity doesn't equal the things you like
    All of those are stereotypically masculine, but you don't have to be a guy to like them. That's the one thing I dislike, if you're trans, but you don't follow the gender binary to the letter, people think it's fake *sigh*

3. Acm

Acm Guest

Don't let gender roles dictate what you like. I have a lot of masculine and feminine interests. Personally, I think it's good to have a nice balance of both.

4. Sabot Kitty

The dichotomy between 'feminine' and 'masculine' behaviors are oftentimes a mere instrument of patriarchal control which varies from culture to culture; I'd recommend ignoring them and pursuing what you like regardless of how they're traditionally classed by gender. Call yourself whatever you want to be called. =)