1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

10 year olds that know their shit!

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by smokey-knows-all, Jul 21, 2014.

1. smokey-knows-all

I work at a summer camp and we were talking about random shit today and a girl asked if my shoes were boys shoes and i said "yeah thats why they're so awesome" and she just said "you're more boy than girl". haha right you are child but my boss is a bitch and the other kids can be total pricks so i have one more month of being called she:dry:

2. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    lol wow yup kinds can have their moments of wisdom

3. Yosia

Kids are so much more understanding.

4. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    People give kids too much flack by saying they don't understand certain things. Kids are pretty damn smart, it's just the adults that are confused.

5. Tetra

My brother (who's eight) says things that make me feel better than any adult ever could when I'm feeling like shit, and he doesn't even know he's doing it. Kids are great, and will often speak the truth, whether you want to hear it or not.

6. RainDreamer

Sometimes adults are blinded with all their prejudices and assumptions that they conceived when they grow up. Kids, who has no life experience yet, see life just as it is, and sometimes it is the best way to look at things.

I think we can learn something about that.

7. Raatox

aw, had this kid-moment today :
    2 kids, maybe 'round 8:
    kid 1: Are you a girl?
    me: Noooo (pray to god they will believe it)
    kid 2 to kid 1: Oh, I told you so! Knew it was a guy all the time!
    me : (!)(!)(!)

:slight_smile:

8. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Seems that she has been taught right.

9. SockPuppet

I was in my friends wedding party a few weeks ago. I was on the bride's side, even though I'm not out to those friends yet...the bride's just that type who gets 'guy friends' to do that...or so she thinks.

Anyway, after the ceremony, we went to the local part to take wedding party photos. We were waiting in the gazebo while the grooms side was off doing their thing and the bride's 7 year old daughter, Morgan, comes up to me and asks why I wasn't with the boys. I told her I was part of the bridesmaid side. She takes this in stride, nods, and says "Well, you look like a girl, so that makes sense." The maid of honour made a fuss, saying Morgan was being rude (why, I don't know), and Morgan defends herself saying "He does look like a girl!" while I'm smiling away...until she says "He doesn't sound like a girl, though..."

Le sigh...

10. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

Other kids would notice pretty often that I was androgynous when I was a kid. They didn't use that term, but they would tell me they had a hard time figuring out if I was a boy or a girl. At the time I would just say I was a boy, but looking back at it I think most cis kids wouldn't have liked that people couldn't tell as much as I did.

11. JustJJx

Most children are taught to notice differences and to hate, if we just let them figure it out the world would be a better place :slight_smile:
    Most kids don't care who you are or what you wear...just as long as you have a cookie for them :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

12. esc1010

Kids know all..... but you need a cookie though.

13. mangotree

Yep. The wisdom of youth constantly surprises me.
    It's a shame that some adults have to go and ruin it.

14. justjade

Ah, kids.... They say such profound things without even realizing it. I know that one time, when I was hiding out while going through the divorce with my ex, my friends' nieces came over, and one of them asked me why I talked like a boy. :lol: I didn't even realize I was trans then, so looking back, that was pretty great. :slight_smile:

I also agree with mangotree. Adults do kind of suck sometimes, complicating things with their shit.