1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm bigendered

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by person57, Jul 21, 2014.

1. person57

I have been questioning it for a while and I've been thinking about it, but today I came to terms that I'm bigendered. I'm sad because I have to come out to everyone for a 2nd time and this will be harder :frowning2: Also, I'm not ashamed of being bigendered at all and I love myself, but I'm afraid to tell my family and his have a feeling they won't take it well. I decided that I want to open up about it when I'm in college/financially independent. Also, I'd just like to say that I think I prefer cross dressing over dressing as a guy. Only two people know and they are my best friends. They both love me and support me :slight_smile: I told the first one earlier today and she took it great. Then I just recently sent a long text to my other best friend. He also took it great and he loves me and supports me. I'm thankful for them :slight_smile: I just broke down but I feel better now.

2. person57

Also, sorry I posted this in the "Coming Out Advice" section and didn't really ask for advice.

3. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi person,

I just wanted to relate, that although physically I am male, and am comfortable with both being and dressing in that way, that mentally / emotionally / sexually, it's more ambiguous for me. Sometimes I feel like I have both a 'male identity' and a 'female identity', in the sexual sense, and I enjoy shifting between both. I don't know if this is what you are referring to, but I thank you for the term 'bigendered' because I had not heard it before, and I think that on some level, it might also refer to me.

I wish I could give advice about coming out, but how can I advise someone about something I've barely even done myself? In any case, just rest assured that whatever anyone's reaction might be when you do, that so long as you love and accept yourself just as you are, well then even if the rest of the world denied that it was ok, you could still be at peace with it. I'm currently in a process of actually discovering my sexuality, the only certainty for me at present being, "not straight", so I'm not really sure what to 'come out' with, at present... :confused:

Damien :slight_smile:

#3 Damien, Jul 22, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
  4. person57

Hi!! I'm glad that I helped you discover the term bigendered and I possibly helped you find out what your gender is. It's okay that you don't have any advice!! Honestly, I don't even think I posted this thread for advice. I just wanted to talk about this to EC and come out to them. And I do love myself and accept who I am. However, I think I want to come out when I'm financially independent. If people don't react to me being bigendered in a good way, I won't care at all actually. Because they would be wrong about me and I love myself. Good luck discovering your sexuality!! Also, remember that you don't have to come out to people now and you can do it whenever you feel completely ready. Also, remember to love and accept yourself as well and don't care what the ignorant haters think because they're opinions don't matter and they'd be wrong. Thanks for the support, love!! (*hug*)

5. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    awww...thank you so much :slight_smile:

I actually have a daughter your age, she's totally straight but also totally accepting of lgbt folk...I think that in the future, when the current youth of today are running society, things will be very different for us all.

Damien.

6. person57

You're welcome :slight_smile:

That's awesome that your daughter accepts accepts LGBT people!! And I agree with you when you say that when the current youth of today are running society, things will be different for us all. Things seem to be changing every year in my opinion. You're very nice and thanks again (*hug*)

7. person57

I feel like since I'm not really asking for advice, this thread should be moved to the "chit chat" section. Can a moderator move this thread?

8. person57

Thank you Mirko for moving it!! :slight_smile:

9. GreenMan

GreenMan Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Congrats, on both making the discovery and embracing it.

10. person57

Thank you!! :slight_smile:

11. stormborn

congrats on figuring out this piece of you, and good luck on coming out! :slight_smile:

12. person57

Thank you!! Though I plan to start coming out when I'm in college/financially independent.

13. Gallatin

Congratulations on coming to terms and accepting this part of you, and for coming out to your best friends. :slight_smile:

14. person57

Ugh..I know this thread is a little old now..but I'd just like to say that the fact that I have to come out twice and this will be harder is just ugh...

15. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know this feeling all too well. I've come out at least 6 different times.. And maybe more than that. I've gone through my fair share of identities. I hope that this coming out goes well for you. Hopefully this will be the last time you have to come out :slight_smile: