1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally settled on my middle name. what do you think?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by FtMart, Jul 22, 2014.

1. FtMart

My name choice is Justin Timothy.

2. ArthurOK

ArthurOK Guest

Awesome man!! Mine is Jay, because I was born in Cambodia, then adopted, but the really long version of the word means king in Khemer (natl. language over there) and my female middle name was the feminine version. Yay!! I really like middle names.

3. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nice man! \m/

4. stormborn

sounds awesome! :grin:

5. hiddenxrainbows

That sounds great! How did you pick those? Just curious. I like hearing how people choose theirs, it's always interesting to hear their answers ^_^

6. thevenerable

Southeast Asia - yeah it's not just South and East
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    How do Middle Names work in USA?
    Here in my country, your middle name is the maiden name of your mother. Her surname before getting married. Weird.
    We do have second name, though. Other people actually have three or four.

7. hiddenxrainbows

Thevenerable, sometimes people's middle names are their mother's maiden names. That used to be a popular thing to do I think, but not much anymore. Parents usually just pick a few "first" names they like and use one for their kid's first name and the other for their middle name. If they give their kid a middle name, some don't. Some have more, like you mentioned though. My birth name has a first name and two middle names.

8. Budweiser

It sounds great! I always liked the name Justin.

9. FtMart

I decided it on a split second but then I saw that it's a religious name and im not relgious. So im kind of second guessing myself. My second pic which I like more because my birth middle name is native American and I wanted something close to that. And for some reason I stumbled upon Tennessee which I love. I'm still not one hundred percent sure. I chose Justin from my favorite tv character Justin Taylor from Queer As Folk.

10. hiddenxrainbows

Oh okay. There's a lot of religious names out there, but that doesn't mean that anyone who's not religios can't use those names. They are used by a lot of people who aren't religious too. My boyfriend's first and middle names are from the bible, so are his sisters', but he's not religious at all. He seems okay with his name anyway though.

And you don't have to be 100% sure right away. When I first picked a name, I picked Sage. Now, I want to go by Liam. A lot of people pick a name and then change it later. My trans friend did as well. He first picked Shane, but now goes by Noah. Maybe, if you're out to a close friend, ask them to start calling you Justin, to see how it feels? That might help you decide if it's the right name for you. You have time though and don't need to decide anything right now. Take your time and feel around til things feel right. After all, until you actually legally change your name, you're free to keep asking people to call you different stuff and changing it every once in a while. Just take your time until you find a name that feels right. And like I said, it might feel better if someone calls you that name.

11. FtMart

I know that. I know I want Justin as my first name. I have gone by it with friends for a year. It just my middle name I'm having trouble deciding on. Its gonna be either Justin Timothy or Justin Tennessee.

12. hiddenxrainbows

Oh okay. Well, that's cool then. And I think both are kinda neat and go with Justin okay. I know that doesn't really help you decide lol Sorry. It is your decision anyway

13. ForAlgea

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know how you feel, I'm an atheist and my family is roman catholic. Whenever I try to pick out a name only religious names seem to sound like they could actually fit me, but then when I see that they are religious it makes me like them less. The more I think about it though, the etymology of the name really shouldn't matter. I mean my birth name is religious and that never really effected me.

I like both Justin Timothy and Justin Tennessee by the way. Either one you choose will sound great!

14. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    just rolls right off the tongue. i like it.:thumbsup: