1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Extreme Dysphoria

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by itsAli, Jul 23, 2014.

1. itsAli

So when I first came out, I had top dysphoria, my partner bought me a binder and I was so happy.
    Then the biggest part of my dysphoria was my hair, I finally got it cut and I was really happy.
    Now I've reached a point where I have no job and no money, my parent's aren't amazingly accepting, and 5% of my wardrobe is unisex, the other 95% is femme, and it makes me so dysphoric, I want to cry, there's hardly anything for me to wear and i don't have the money to get anything yet
    How do you guys cope?

---------- Post added 24th Jul 2014 at 12:11 AM ----------

I'm so dysphoric tonight, to the point where I want to cut i feel like I'm going to cry, my internet turns off in an hour and a half and after that I won't be able to talk to anyone (I have no credit) does anyone have any advice?

2. itsAli

Please help me, I'm begging you
    I am sat here feeling like I want to rip my skin off, and in an hour and 15 minutes, I'll have no one, I'll be alone, I'll try and sleep, I'll have a panic attack, I'll fall asleep, I'll have a nightmare, I'll wake up panicking, the same thing I always do every night
    This panic attack will be a big one, I can feel it already
    The last time I had one this big I actually stopped breathing, three times for 2 minutes a time and I'm terrified it'll happen again, which is making me more anxious.

3. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't have much advice, but I got over my very dysphoric periods by working out. I would exercise for 1 hour each night and you have no idea how much that can change the body! My body seems really male to me now, and I haven't even had top surgery yet! Apart from that, I know it's not ideal, but you could always try to find some places that have used clothes for people in the need. If you can have access to that, you could repay them by giving them the clothes you don't wear anymore. That's what I did. Most of the clothes I wear now are clothes I didn't have 6 months ago. My usual clothes have been given for free.

I hope you can see this before your connection runs out. Please, remember that it does get better and most of us did have pretty bad dysphoric episodes, but they never last (*hug*)

4. KyleCats

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    First, calm down, man.

Second, the above advice is good. Exercise (even something light like a couple of push ups) can relieve stress and release good feeling hormones.

Regarding the clothes, have you looked at thrift shops? You can find some really nice things in local second hand stores - some even brand new for super cheap! I used to get all my stuff from thrift shops. Or do you have any friends who could borrow you some of their clothes? Maybe stuff they don't wear anymore?

Hang in there.