1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Dear Friend...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by willycubed28, Jul 23, 2014.

1. willycubed28

My dear sweet friend is going to be doing his final transition into being a man. I am so proud of him. He is quite nervous, and he has a lot to take in. Now me being gay I know what it is like to feel different, but I do not know what is going on in his mind about the surgery. What can I say to him to ease his thoughts before the surgery. The surgery is him getting his tits cut off. The sound of that just sounds like it is going to hurt, but I do not think he is just concerned about the pain. I think he is trying his best to process being fully transitioned from female to male. I want to do whatever I can to help him through this. Any thoughts? Any suggestions?

2. Saucey

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    All but family
    The best thing you can do is remind him you're there for him. Some people want to hear different things. Some may not want to hear much at all. So, it's hard to say what exactly will make him feel better. I've found that the best thing to do for anyone having any sort of difficulty is to remind them that you love and support them, and that they can talk to you if needed. And drop it there. This lets them know that you want to help and show your support, but you are leaving the door open for them to come to you. This way if they want to talk about anything, they know they can. Or if they don't, they don't have to. It's a simple way to show the love without risking anyone being made uncomfortable

3. birdking

Just let him know he'll still be the same person to you, that you're there to support him, etc. He's probably worried because he feels like everything is changing, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. He'll probably be a lot happier afterward.

That's my biggest fear anyway, losing those closest to me when I transition.