1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dysphoria and You, aka why my friends call me Mycroft

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Apropos, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Apropos

When I'm feeling dysphoric (and with it a fun array of guilt, self loathing and depression) I like to read fanfiction. I read fanfiction where the charachters are in a healthy gay relationship, where the characters are happily trans and noone is the wiser.

My favorite is Mycroft. I like the idea that Mycroft can be a transman and noone knows or cares and he is super powerful and people respect and fear and love him and even his mom likes him. It makes me hopeful. It's why my friend calls me Mycroft when I'm sad.

So, what do you do to combat your dysphoria in a good way? What keeps you hopeful?

2. ArthurOK

ArthurOK Guest

I like imagining my successful, happy future. It helps me stay positive, and it's fun to try to imagine what you'll be like in 15+ years, married, and with a family. Looking up pictures of older gay couples and trans people also makes me happy. It's like, they made it, so so can you.

3. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

I honestly don't know how to really combat dysphoria. On the days when it's really bad, I just feel stressed out and don't know what to do... I feel like cutting my boobs off some days (I won't actually do it! Don't kill me!)

4. Nirvanafan

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    This is my really odd thing that I do... I have this drink that I've loved for ages, it's really really strong ginger. When I first got it I could only drink it really watered down but now I can manage quite a lot of it, neat. And I know that's really weird but I just sit somewhere quite, listen to the first mother love bone album and wait until it all goes away.

5. stormborn

funny, i like to read fanfiction when i'm feeling particularly down, too. :slight_smile: i watch tv or play video games or read; basically anything to take my mind off of it. i like to imagine myself post-transition, happy and surrounded by friends and family and what not. i also just sit down and drink some tea, breathe, and try to think of how far i've come already.