1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Name problem!!

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Adolpha, Jul 28, 2014.

1. Adolpha

My Musical universe...oh, I mean...England, London
    I've always felt like I'm both genders but I have a problem: I hate my name!! My birth name is quite feminine and there are times when people call me it and I feel SOOOO angry and frustrated :bang: But I don't want to mention it because I'm still closeted, I've only told two ppl who are my BFF who are part of the LGBTQ community. If I say anything, then my mum might suspect something. When I was younger (like REALLY young, 4 or 5), I would always tell people not to call me my name. I'd start getting really frustrated, my mum would just laugh and joke about it. Now she just says it was a phase (God, I HATE that line!! :***:slight_smile: Anyway, I just wanted to ask if anyone knows any names that can be used for both genders that I could tell my friends to call me. Also, how I could deal with my frustration when people use my (feminine!) name. Please help!!! :help:
    Bye! :smilewave

2. Acm

Acm Guest

You could try searching for unisex names, there's a lot that apply to both genders, like Jordan, Jamie, Casey, Avery, Robin, Alex, Sydney, Taylor, Morgan, etc.

3. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    behindthename.com is a nice site to find unisex names. Trust me, I know how it feels like. :grin:

4. AlexTheGrey

I actually went there before creating an account here, for just that reason. :lol:

5. JustJJx

Thanks for that site, I've been thinking of a new name...one which could address my male and female sides!

---------- Post added 28th Jul 2014 at 09:53 PM ----------

Blythe is a very cute name :3
    Just saying hehe

6. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    "Anyway, I just wanted to ask if anyone knows any names that can be used for both genders that I could tell my friends to call me."

You could use the website above and type in your name... there are a lot of abbreviations and related names given... maybe you could even use a part of the name...

Do you have another first name ?

Or you might use a short name with the same first letter.

Jay for example is often used as abbreviation for names starting with J... and is used both for boys and girls...

#6 jay777, Jul 28, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  7. Adolpha

My Musical universe...oh, I mean...England, London
    I really like the name Robin, this name and my name both begin with R and...it sounds awesome!! Thanks everyone, I've found my name!!! I think I'd rather spell it with a Y instead of an I: Robyn YES!!

8. MindvsHeart

MindvsHeart Guest

I went through a name selection for myself too. You could go with a nickname/initial type name as I did (A.J.) and then just come up with meaningful but feminine/masculine names for either letters.
    (Mine was a bit easier since I was still using the first letter of my cis-name. A.J.= Aster James. -Aster sounds neutral but its also the name for a flower which are typically symbolic of femininity. -James for my masculine side :])

I wish you luck on your name search! :3