Not sure where I fit in…..need advise

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by hip2hop, Jul 29, 2014.

1. hip2hop

Out Status:
    Some people
    For as long as I can remember I have always considered myself different. Sometimes when I wake up I feel and see myself as a boy, other times I feel and see myself as a girl and other times I am neither. I think I may be gender fluid but I am not sure. I do know that when I feel like a boy I look at my chest and I don't like what I see so I wear a binder and wear male clothes. When I am a girl I love wearing makeup and dressing as such. What I would like to know is am I gender-fluid, and does anyone else "transition" from day to day or sometimes in the middle of the day.

I also think I am pans gender. When I meet someone I don't look at the exterior of a person. I don't notice much expect for the eyes and when I get to know someone I start to see them for who they are. If I like their personality I sometimes become infatuated, it doesn't matter what their sex or gender is. Its almost like I am looking at a blank canvas and their personality is what paints a pic for me.

2. Lucaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    To me, it sounds like you're genderfluid. I'm genderfluid and that's basically how I am. I'm too petite to ever pass as a boy, but I do have mood swings where I'll feel boyish and want to wear masculine clothes.

I think for the second paragraph you mean "pansexual"? That seems to be exactly what you described. Or, if you don't prefer the "sexual" part, you could say "pan-romantic".

3. RobinHood

RobinHood Guest

Yes, you can say genderfluid or however you wish to. :slight_smile:

And the second part of your post is very similar to way how I feel about myself and others, too. I think that's awesome and that you should feel very proud about that. :slight_smile:

4. ctrl alt delete

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not sure if I can offer any advice but I can say I can relate, and am going through a similar kinda confusion. I'm finding I'm looking around a lot and wondering if that's how id like to be. I'm guessing that this confusion won't last forever but I've decided that I'm going to enjoy experimenting and wondering in the mean time.

5. hip2hop

Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you all for your responses :grin:

And yes I did mean pansexual not pans gender not sure what I was typing last night lol

I am happy that you guys can relate I have always been like this but I always felt alone for the longest time. I kept trying to research and I finally found this site last night and knowing that others can relate is comforting so thank you.

I am also happy knowing that I am gender fluid and pansexual.

6. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What you described sounds a lot like what I experience, and I identify as genderfluid too.

Congrats on figuring it out :slight_smile: