1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Support groups

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by somegirl, Jul 30, 2014.

1. somegirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Ok, so I've been doing a lot of research about the process of transitioning. I'm not ready to physically seek medical help cus of reasons I'd rather not go into. But I've found a support groups specifically for ftm in my area. I was just wandering what should I expect if I do go? I'm gunna ask a friend to come with me, is that ok?

Like will I have to talk a lot? I find it extremely hard to open up to people and it takes a lot to trust them. But I'm looking to overcome this, and I think a support group will help. But what sorts of questions/topics should I expect to have to talk about?

Thanks you (&&&)

2. JustJJx

I think it's a given with most support groups, whether it be AA or for mental health or gender, you don't have to do anything you don't want to!
    Be calm and be yourself, i'm sure the members will understand if you are nervous or uncomfortable! :slight_smile: