1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else tuck?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by JustJJx, Jul 30, 2014.

1. JustJJx

When dressing up does anyone else tuck? Anyone got any methods or anything? Its painful and awkward at times! :frowning2:

2. Yosia

Sometime i do yup.

3. laurenc

laurenc Guest

I do every once in awhile but generally tucking is allot of work for me and yet it seems the parts down there dont want to go into hiding.

4. DhammaGamer

I tuck every day, even when I'm just sitting around at home. It's more comfortable for me. I use quality gaffs that I purchased on Amazon around the time I started my transition and they have held up for years. You can also put together some cheap homemade solutions using hairbands or any tight elastic band and a cut sock.

This girl has a good tutorial. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y6dg_yl6xE&list=UUXOo6QfSGg5Ycl19350TLXg

5. JustJJx

Oooo, thank you for the link!
    Yeah gaff's seem a good step to take tbh

6. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to use pantyhose. It's tight and since I've been on hormones for a while stuff just kinda shrunk so it's easy :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I do it when I feel dysphoric and when I'm leaving the house.

7. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i do it sometimes, depending on the outfit. if it's a little form fitting or pants, shorts, etc. i do but for loose skirts and the like i probably won't as i don't have a gaff yet.

8. JustJJx

I might have to invest in a gaff yeah, i don't think hormones are my thing atm, depending on where i wanna go anyway :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    Yeah it will benefit some outfits better than others!

9. SockPuppet

I tend to wear tight boyshort-style panties, which tend to hold things in easier, or use the homemade gaff. The boyshorts are less work, and easier for when I'm AT work, as I have to carry paint and heavy-ish stuff and move around more.
    The homemade gaff works great, though I found that just the two pieces tends to slip down my hips, and then before you know it, you're popping out of one side and feeling awkward looking for a restroom, but I saw one this one video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHI0nofki6I) where she suggests clipping the elastic at the back just using a tab from a loaf of bread, and that works perfectly and keeps things where they should be. The only downside with that is you have that little edge of plastic digging into your rear, but tucking doesn't tend to be something for comfort.
    She also mentions a method with sports tape that I plan on trying at some point, but haven't yet.

10. DhammaGamer

Taping is a very common method. I haven't had any need to, fortunately.

11. JustJJx

I'll definitely look into those boyshorts-style panties, they sound like a lot less work!
    Oo, another link, thank you! :slight_smile:
    I used to tape but it was too painful for getting off, i might try it again once i get some new clothes!

12. Chef

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    tape does work as long as you shave before hand. tucking that way gives more of a flat look, and is better when wearing form fitting dress pants, shorts, and skirts. easier to go to the bathroom that way too by the way.

13. JustJJx

I might have to give taping another go for sure yeah.

14. SockPuppet

Unless you tape the way PrincessJoules recommends, in which case you can't go to the bathroom, at all (why she did it that way, I don't know...)

15. JustJJx

Yeah i had great trouble using the bathroom while taping! The gaff is more handy in that respect :slight_smile: