1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My gender identity is making me feel bad about myself

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Adolpha, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Adolpha

My Musical universe...oh, I mean...England, London
    I've recently realised the label for my gender identity (I'm bigender) but the way I feel, the way I've always felt, has troubled me. At times, I'm feel like a boy and in the morning when I have to get changed for school, I see my body in the mirror and hate myself. I'd try to hide my breasts with my hands and arms and look like a boy and actually smile and laugh. I always ask myself why I ended up being bigender and how troubling it it can be and how it can sometimes affect my self-esteem. But when I feel like a girl, I always seem to be happy but then realize that my gender going to change again at some point. This only happens if I look at my reflection, but when I don't think or see myself, I feel fine and get to enjoy myself. I don't exactly hate my gender identity, but just myself. Only sometimes, not 24/7 like some people. I'm still closeted so I can't tell my mum about it, I am more developed than my 2 BFFs, so I can't use their binders. This hardly ever happens, most of the time I don't mind who I am, but I just want to stop feeling bad about myself when it does happen.
    What do I do?

2. myvirtual0fanta

Out Status:
    A few people
    Do what makes you happy and be happy with yourself. If you dont feel happy with your self at certain moment, stop and think about why that might be. From there you can decide what to do or what to think. Such outcomes could affect how you see yourself and feel about yourself but there are always going to be people who are support and helpful.

3. idream

idream Guest

My best advice is to seek out a therapist or support group. Myvirtualofanta is right, just stop and figure out what is making you unhappy and think it through. There are people, especially here, who are happy to support you.