1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

testosterone

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by idream, Jul 31, 2014.

1. idream

idream Guest

I desperately want to be more masculine physically but I'm rather afraid of any sort of pills, vitamins...you name it. I know it'll make me feel more comfortable, more normal, to take even natural, unprescribed testosterone enhancers but, yeah, I'm just so nervous...about the affects and such. Any advice or tips or general support...?

2. Acm

Acm Guest

You can get testosterone in a patch or gel form too I'm pretty sure

3. JustJJx

Try and find a gender clinic near you and talk to the people there pal :slight_smile:

4. Hexagon

Don't try and take T orally. It's toxic to your liver. Injections, patches and gels are all fine. I'm not opposed to taking stuff without prescription, but do it properly, and as I said, avoid pills.

5. Parapraxis

Out Status:
    Some people
    The patches and gels require a prescription and depending on your insurance there will need to be a prior authorization. This means the prescriber will have to justify is use for the medication and if the insurance company doesn't have it listed for that use it will possibly be denied. Testosterone doesn't come without a price. You can develop baldness, acne and shrinkage of testicles. Those are just since of the listed side effects. You have to also take into account the other rx you may need to be prescribed. Some anti estrogen medications have been known to effect the heart.

6. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you're in an area that does informed consent, you can go that route.

I don't recommend "natural" transitioning or T that's in any oral form for the reasons Hexagon said; T is extremely taxing on your liver when you go that direction--however injections and dermal methods (patches, creams, gels) are fine. There are sub-dermal methods where pellets go under your skin and are released slowly; but that may be expensive and has to be changed every few months.