1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Top surgery without referral.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by NingyoBroken, Aug 1, 2014.

1. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

Hello, Aki again.
    I'm not planning on getting surgery anytime soon. By the time I get it, there may be more surgeons who do not require therapy. But this is bothering me a little anyways.

To be honest, I do not want to go to a therapist. I don't often speak of my feelings when I have no need to rant, and I certainly dislike psychiatrists. I heard some doctors require several therapy sessions as well. I do not need such things.

I am also afraid I would be rejected or the therapist would not understand me and my reasons for top surgery. Especially because although I have horrible dysphoria about my chest, I am not exactly an FTM, rather gender-neutral.

So my question is, how many surgeons in the US have no requirements for letters OR testosterone?
    Excluding that guy from Chicago everyone talks about. I read his method leaves 10-20% of breast tissue. I don't like that, I want my chest flat.

2. justjade

I've read there's one in Texas that does surgeries without referrals because he believes those who come to him know that the surgery is permanent and that there are risks involved. That's all I know.

3. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Any idea who he is? I know when I was planning on relocating to Texas that I planned on seeing someone in I think the northern part of the state.

Can someone start compiling a master list of surgeons and what they offer and how (if you need a referral, if you don't, and if you need to be on HRT or above the age of 18)?