1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My mom kinda caught me

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by smokey-knows-all, Aug 2, 2014.

1. smokey-knows-all

Last night she walked in when i was changing and saw my boxers and today i left my binder on the floor...
    :help:

2. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Oops! That sucks. I had something similar happen to me. I bought a guy's shirt that had no sleeves so she could see my bra a little bit. I had layered sports bras to bind because I don't have a binder. She asked, "Why are you wearing two sports bras...?" I kinda stood there awkwardly for a few seconds, then said that I didn't have a reason.

What was her reaction?

3. Acm

Acm Guest

My mom has asked me before why I always wear the same sports bra and never put it through the wash and why she never finds any bras in the wash so I think she's onto me too. Also before I knew that tape was bad to bind with, there were several times that she walked in on me with tape on but luckily I pulled my shirt down just in time so she didnt see (Don't worry I NEVER use tape any more I've learned my lesson)

Did she say anything?

4. Lawliet1031

Out Status:
    A few people
    I am in a similar situation. Yesterday, my mom told me to go take a shower. During this time, she was watching a show, so I figured it would be okay to bind. This may sound naive, but I don't always think things through. I've been asking for a haircut for the better part of the year, but my mom wanted my to have the experience of going to my first high school dance before doing so. The dance is in 2 weeks, and I was planning on being patient, but those plans kind of fell through. I had my hair tucked up into a hat(since I couldn't cut it) and was using a pair of tights to bind. Not the most orthadox method, I know, but it works well enough when paired with a sports bra. I had a loose shirt on, and a pair of baggy jeans. Honestly, I surprised myself with how I looked! I turned around and was adjusting my shirt, when I saw my mom walk in the room. She immediatly noticed the hat and hair, and walked all the way into the bathroom. She essentially cornered me. The first thing that came out of her mouth was "Not that short. That's a boy haircut."(She has been under the impression that I am straight) That's when she noticed the binding. This lead to a mainly one-sided conversation, with her asking questions and me not responding because I knew she wouldn't like what I would have said. One of the things she asked was "Do you identify as being a boy?" I didn't respond. I told her that I wanted to talk about this later, so, after repeating what I said, she left. I got in the shower and took as ong as humanly possible. When I got out, It appeared that she had gone to sleep, so I did the same. I got up, went to school, came home, and, once determining that neither her or her boyfriend were home, got online, which is why I am typing this now. I am waiting for her to come home now, dreading the resulting conversation, and hoping that everything turns out all right.

5. Ronin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I left my packer out once.............................. :dead:

6. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I still lived at home, I missed grabbing one of my pairs of panties out of the drier.

7. Ronin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wouldn't worry about the binder too much. If it's a regular binder they are pretty inconspicuous. They mostly look like an undershirt or if it's half-length you could probably pass it off as a special sports bra. I'd doubt anyone would take a second glance at it, though. The boxers thing... If she asks just say they're more comfy and feel freer if you're not ready to come out yet or anything.