1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to handle being genderfluid in your daily life?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by edy, Aug 2, 2014.

1. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't have a boyfriend and I've been single for almost 5 years now, I think the fact of me being genderfluir partially ruined the last relationship I had. How do I explain to my potential boyfriends that sometimes I'd rather be treated like a woman if they're not really into them?

Also, in drama club, how do I explain to the director that stereotypical male characters are so dull and difficult for me to play, I can't "feel them" so I usually give wooden performances when they're assigned to me

2. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    actually you might try to date another genderfluid person, idk about some guys but they wouldnt like the idea of dating a women if they were gay or bi, they might not understand what you would be going through

3. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people

Yeah, that sucks, and I don't really know other genderfluid people, I recently discovered that such thing existed so... it makes me feel like I don't belong to the gay or straight community

4. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    the gay community does not just have gays or lesbians it has, transgenders, bisexuals, questioners/curious, asexuals, im sure you can find a place for you here you might want to try and connect with other genderfluid people on here

5. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    That would be great... the thing is... most people here live far far away from me lol

6. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i know just thought maybe they could suggest places to meet other genderfluids

7. idream

idream Guest

I like the idea of dating another genderfluid person, or somebody who's bi. I myself have been concerned about it. And edy, I get what you mean about drama. Just give saying it straight forward a try. It could be an interesting approach. I mean, in shakespeares time, all the actors were men, even those that played women.

8. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Actually, I know several non-binary people who are in relationship with strictly gay men, so it's definitely possible. Otherwise, there are plenty of bisexual, pansexual, queer, etc. singles out there looking, and if you can find someone who is both trans or genderqueer in some way, *and* multisexual, chances are they know someone else who is, and the doors will be opened to you at once.

Good luck!

9. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    it sounds soooo complicated. How I'm going to know if somebody is genderfluid? Being gay itself is limitating now I have to make sure that my romantic interest is genderfluid as well?

And I hate playing stereotypical male character! I just can't do it

10. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Are there any trans organizations where you live? The community is quite small here, so the drag queens, cross dressers, transsexuals, and genderqueers usually know one another. In fact, I'd say even mainstream LGBT groups could lead you to other genderfluid individuals one way or another.

11. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    But what if I don't want to date people that are JUST LIKE ME? I don't know if I really want to do that :badgrin: