1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to do about my binder issues

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by hip2hop, Aug 2, 2014.

1. hip2hop

Out Status:
    Some people
    I apologize if I posted this in the wrong section….

About two weeks ago I came out to my parents, they were extremely supportive but a day later I decided to show my mom my binder that I got from a friend, and when she saw it she gasped, put her hand over her mouth and looked away from me for about a minute. She then said "well you gotta do what you gotta do" we haven't talked about it since.

My issue now though is, my dysphoria is starting to get to me and I really really really want to wear my binder when I feel like a male but I don't want to make her uncomfortable and I don't want to be uncomfortable around her either, as my parents haven't even seen me wear it. I have worn it a couple of times, and both times I am so happy and stress free. But if I can't wear it, what should I do?

2. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Has she ever expressed complaints about it? If not, I'd just continue to wear it unless she verbally has said she doesn't want you wearing it.

3. hip2hop

Out Status:
    Some people
    oh i forgot to mention that…..I never wore the binder around her because of her reaction and now I am scared to.

4. jaska

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "You gotta do what you gotta do" kind of sounds to me like she's ok with it. Maybe the shock reaction could have been her realising, that that's what you need, and you're serious. Sorry I'm just making assumptions about your situation.:confused:

5. Acm

Acm Guest

Binding might seem kind of shocking to other people. She might not even notice if you wear it. I would try wearing it around her, unless she says something negative then it should be fine

6. hip2hop

Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you guys for your responses :slight_smile: I think I was over analyzing the situation and I will try it out and see what happens. Its going to happen eventually anyways, may as well bring that out of the closet as well :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: