1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gender Fluid? (Please please help me)

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by genderfluid, Aug 2, 2014.

1. genderfluid

Okay so, prepare for a lot of words. I'm probably going to contradict myself a few times and not make a lot of sense at parts, and if there's anything you don't get please let me know and I'd love to clear it up! I really just want more opinions on this from people other than a few friends.
    I'm going to just reword some things from a conversation with a friend.

I feel like genderfluid is def. a term that could fit me uh
    but i so heavily identify as lesbian
    but some days it just makes me like really uncomfortable to be feminine
    and then other days hell yea feminine
    and its throwing me off
    I'm trying to figure this out and I'm talking to my gender fluid friend and told them that like
    sometimes i feel like how a girl is supposed to feel and i want to look like a girl and act like a girl, or how society thinks girls look and act
    and other times i feel like a boy is supposed to feel and want to look like a boy and act like a boy(again, society)
    but 100% of the time i am totally cool with who i am like?? sexually?? if that makes sense and thats what is fucking me up, actually I'm not sure if this is relevant to what you were saying anymore fuck. and my friend just said that "gender =/= sex" and like I guess thats right idk i just feel like if i were to identify as gender fluid id be a fake gender fluid person and idek how

but i know what you mean, and yes I do associate masculinity with men and femininity with women because thats what i was used to and thats the world we live in and i couldn't imagine it without gender like standards(unfortunately)
    and YES you can identify as a female and be masculine and vice versa
    but
    i feel like my gender identity changes
    but I have never once had the urge to change my sexual identity
    like I never get dysphoria, i never want to wear a strap on or look at my boobs for so long that i cry, i just wear a looser shirt and a sports bra and run with that shit

I'm not sure if it's normal for me to feel the way I do. I never wake up and am like "hmm, I feel like a boy today" or "I feel like a girl today." Just somedays I feel like dressing like a guy and expressing myself in more of a dude-ish way, and other days I feel more girly.

My birth name is Elizabeth, which is a pretty feminine name. My whole life I've gone by either Lizi or Liz. And on the days that I feel more girly, I definitely prefer Lizi, but when I don't Liz just makes me happier. I guess thats weird?? And I know Liz is a pretty feminine name too.

I just don't know anymore. I felt so confident in my identity as a cisgendered lesbian but I'm not sure anymore.

Please give me your opinion? I could really use some help here. I'm sorry for the awkward way this is formatted and the wall of text, but I really appreciate if you took the time to actually read it.

2. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You don't need dysphoria to be genderfluid. If you feel like your gender changes, then the label would fit you.

Now, I'm not you, so I can't tell you if your gender is changing or if it's just your gender expression, or something like that. I can tell you that much of what you described sounds like what I have read other genderfluid people describe or what I have experienced myself.

Just take some time to figure out if it's really your gender that's changing, or if it's something else, like gender expression.