1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

just me?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by jaska, Aug 3, 2014.

1. jaska

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    am I the only one who gets this? If I have to look at my body for some reason, say I'm showering, looking at my body it's just like, meh. But the longer and longer i have to look at it, the more I start to feel dysphoric. I've always been really disconnected from my body, and it never looks real, so my theory is that the longer I see it, the more my brain begins to realise that THIS IS your body, that its real and its not going to change. Also i just want to say that ive never had that jolt/shock feeling when seeing myself, like a lot of trans people do, wich is weird, cos i guess i should if i see myself as someone else in my head, wich i do. Do you think this idea is logical, or am I not the only one with this thing..:icon_wink

2. Nick07

I have no idea if you are the only one, but the human brain is very powerful. So, the more you are thinking about it, the worse you are feeling.

3. jaska

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yeah, maybe I'm just over thinking everything...